Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Another quote for you....


I heard these lines spoken recently.  They are a slight variation on words from Beethoven's Ode to Joy.  I thought they were beautiful.

As you can see I am back on line.  Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.  I will be trying to catch up with you over the next few days.  We had a thunderstorm and all power went out in the house, and so did the cable.  It took a while but everything is up and running now.  It felt very strange not to have any Internet.  As some of you mentioned we have come to rely on it so but manage I did, and I found myself kept so busy I had little time to think about it.

My son and daughter-in-law are coming over for dinner tonight, which is our own special joy.  I popped out for groceries this morning and bought everything that doesn't require being put in the oven.  Too darned hot for that.  We are not 'barbecuers', having gotten rid of our barbecue a long time ago after it rusted out with lack of use.   Another thing we can manage without.  As I said it's pretty hot out there, but we also have our air-conditioner back on line and though I don't like putting it on a lot, there are times when it is very welcome.

18 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful dinner . What ya havin ? lol ! We BBQ every weekend thats Papa's thing lol ya know steak and potato man after a week of what evers lol ! Have a great day !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to cyber land! :) We cook out often when we are home and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for 'completeness' once again! amazing how we depend on connectivity these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back on.

    I love your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are not BBQers either. People BBQ here even in the snow!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry that y9u have been without power! I'm glad it is all restored now! I can't imagine that heat without air conditioning! We are having chilly rain right now. Love the photo and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am lost without internet... and, yes, without a/c.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Denise, glad things are back to normal. I love the quote, enjoy your family time. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the header photo. I never thought I'd say that about those giant bales. They lack the character of the old fashioned 'stooks of corn'. I must be getting more modern in my outlook.
    I'm sure I recognise one of those seagulls. Didn't you do a post about him once? He's second from the left.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back. Glad the thunderstorm did not do damage. We are eating lighter meals too

    Helenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you had a fab time with your son and daughter-in-law and I'm so pleased you're back on line again. I enjoy your posts and hate to miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your talk of hot weather taxes my imagination as here the weather is far from seasonal, daytime temps about 13/16 C and enough rain for Noah to start rebuilding another ark!! Hope you had a great meal with your son and d in law. Oh by the way we love to BBQ but not in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to catch up too. We will return home tonight, but I'm up early and can't sleep, so I'm checking in with blog friends.
    Getting "back to normal" will take some work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you're back on line again. The heat sounds awful... we're shivering over here. Have a lovely dinner :D)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey dear Denise, so nice quote and image.Welcome back and thanks for your kind words!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  16. A really beautiful image and quote. Great post, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So enjoyed reading your comments. Thank you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful for you to have the 'young ones' coming to share a meal and evening. It does ginger one up a bit.
    I have had my grown up grandchildren come up in the evenings for a G&T and an hilarious game of scrabble.It certainly is the highlight of my day.

    ReplyDelete