Sunday, May 27, 2012

TODAY'S FLOWERS


My sister-in-law (Gregg's sister) came to my rescue for my Today's Flowers entry as I didn't take any pictures of flowers this week.  She bought them while on a walk and took them back to her hotel room, using what looks like a soda bottle for the vase.  One of the many things I have enjoyed when visiting her home over the years, is that she always has the prettiest flowers on display.

Gigi is on an amazing journey and won't be home for a couple of months.  She stayed the night with us last Monday and the following day flew to Beijing China.  She is keeping in touch with the family via the internet and we are enjoying daily accounts and photographs, any of which she said I could share here.   

The first part of her journey she is spending with faculty and students from the university she teaches at, and will be visiting various places while also visiting other universities in China.  Her youngest son will be joining them soon.  I'm sorry to hear that she has a cold and it's already been an adventure going to the drug store to find the appropriate medication.  However, she has found how kind complete strangers can be, as there has always been someone who can speak English and only too willing to step in and translate for her.  

Happy Traveling Gigi and hope you get rid of that cold quickly.


Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli.
You can find beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.

17 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Just goes to show that one need not spend a lot of money on a vase for it to work.

What an adventure your friend is on!

Francisca said...

Gigi is like my mother; she too always had fresh flowers in her home and she admonished me for not doing the same. I blame it on living with a Cantonese who thinks buying cut flowers is a waste of money when there are gorgeous blooms in our garden. I have a good friend living in Beijing should Gigi ever want the company of a long-time expat. I wish her a wonderful stay there. It's a great city to explore.

Country Gal said...

My mum also had fresh flowers in our house in the summer they were from her garden and winter her fave florist . Hope your sisterinlaw feels better soon put a damper on traveling when feeling under the weather . Have a good day !

Arija said...

I too always find a flower or two to stick in anything in a hotel room. China can be fun it you can live without bread and potatoes.

Carver said...

Beautiful flowers and your sister in laws trip sounds fantastic. I hope she'll be well soon.

TexWisGirl said...

what a neat trip. hope she feels good enough to enjoy it!

lina@women said...

Lovely flowers, Denise.
Hope she enjoys her trip!

i beati said...

and aren't they lovely as the memory of her is also

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely flowers. I hope Gigi's cold is gone soon. It's no fun to have a cold and when traveling, it is even worse. That's a LONG flight to China, too. I hope she was able to sleep.

gigihawaii said...

How lovely she is and the flowers, too! Wish I were in China. We had to cancel our trip because of our medical ailments, alas.

Andrew said...

Flowers are always lovely to see...

Charlene: the Polarblogger said...

How loving and thoughtful of her! These stargazers(lilies) are some of my favorites because of their fantastic scent, designs and colors.
Nice post.

chubskulit said...

You gave me an idea on what to do with the coke bottle that we found in the woods hehehe. Lovely!

Susan said...

Beautiful flowers - it never matters what holds them does it, their beauty always dominates!
It was really interesting reading about Gigi's adventures. How exciting and looking forward to more updates.
Thank you for your post Denise, have a lovely week :D)

Indrani said...

Great shot.

Míriam Luiza said...

A flor sua foto de perfil está muito bonita.

Denise said...

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments everyone. Time for me to get off here as there is thunder coming and we have a flood warning tonight. Lots of rain heading our way.