Sunday, April 15, 2012

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 200

"Spring"
~Karla Kuskin~


I'm shouting,
I'm singing,
I'm swinging through trees,
I'm winging sky-high
with the buzzing black bees.


I'm the sun,
I'm the moon,
I'm the dew on the rose,
I'm a rabbit
Whose habit
Is twitching his nose.


I'm lively,
I'm lovely,
I'm kicking my heels.
I'm crying "Come Dance"
To the fresh water eels.


I'm racing through meadows
Without any coat,
I'm a gamboling lamb
I'm a light leaping goat.


I'm a bud,
I'm a bloom,
I'm a dove on the wing
I'm running on rooftops
And welcoming Spring!


~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli.
You can find beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos complimented with beautiful words

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Denise...my heart is leaping and dancing through the meadows and fields with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous flowers, Denise... Love the poem also.. Spring is just a wonderful season!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice group. I was in Gettysburg PA yesterday, they are 2 weeks behind us in blooms. Nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spring flowers and I love the words too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Post!
    words and pictures.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous Spring post. The poem is so light and happy. I can just picture you swinging through the trees. Love your header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of my favourite flowers - I just love" Glory in the Snow " -so pretty,nice choice of poem too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Denise, you made me sing and leap for joy! And what a wonderful display of happy flowers and critters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. While some people do not like rhyme, I think that is such a happy and joyful poem! It's perfect to go with your flowers! Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun and energizing verses for each beautiful photo of flowers! Love this post, Denise. Such a wonderful feeling of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, sweet blooms! Thanks for your so very nice comments on my blog posts, too. Glad to have you as a blogging friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the lovely comments. I have visited all your blogs in return now and had a thoroughly good time.

    ReplyDelete