Monday, April 30, 2012

Denise meets Daisy


On Sunday the weather was gorgeous, not too hot and a great temperature for a walk.  We decided to visit the Elizabeth Hartwell Mason Neck Wildlife Refuge in Lorton, Virginia and I will be sharing photos later when I get them organized.   There are lots of trails and we keep saying that we will have to explore them all, but our favorite is a boardwalk that takes you along the Occoquan Bay.  We saw Bald Eagles and Osprey and we were very happy about that but just as happy to meet Daisy, whom we met along the wooden path with her companion.

Daisy was a very sweet and friendly dog and you could tell just by looking at her that she wanted to say hello.  Her lady had stopped with her and was gently telling her to 'stay' so that we could pass by but Daisy was bubbling with happiness.  I could see all she wanted to do was say hello to everyone who passed by.  After I asked the nice lady if it was okay and would she mind if I petted her, I tickled Daisy's ears for a while and gave her a bit of a fuss. She was beside herself with joy.  I didn't realize Gregg had taken this photo until I got home and saw it on the computer.  I am so glad he did as it will be a nice memory of meeting Daisy.

19 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture !
    Daisy is the name of a black lab who belongs to my next door neighbor, she cries when she sees me outside, knowing I will pet her, and give her a dog treat.
    I know longer have any dog's but still buy dog treats weekly for all the neighbor's dogs, I 'spect it's something to do with being English :)

    Sounds like you had a wonderful time this weekend, look forward to the pictures.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming encounter! I absolutely adore dogs and can never pass one without having a little chat :-)

    I also loved the beautiful flowers (For Leontien) on the previous post and the Deer and lovely poem on the earlier post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Labs are famous for being wonderful, friendly "people." Very nice image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great day ! Daisy sounds like our Miggy just loves everyone and is so happy to meet new people ! Have a good day !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that so like a Labrador? I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have a black dog back in the 1970s. She looked just like Daisy, though skinnier. Your photo brought back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daisy looks like a lovely gentle girl. Animals just seem to know if you like them don't they?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lovely picture Denise. I think you have inspired a blogpost! So glad I dropped by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denise, what a sweet encounter!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah there are some dogs that just melt your heart. What a neat place. I'd like to see more of Virginia but everytime I come to DC everybody is working and complaining when they come home from work and last time I was there we never went anywhere. If I was brave enough, I'd just bring my GPS and rent a car and find things to see. So pretty back there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photo. When patting dogs, particularly those with smooth coats, I am always amazed (and delighted) at how soft their ears are. So strokable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy is so irresistible I would greet her enthusiastically as well, Denise! And I'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another special memory from the memory book of Spring 2012!!sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always nice to make new friends! This woofie seems very sweet.
    God bless you!
    Cezar

    ReplyDelete
  15. i absolutely love labs, they are so handsome and friendly.

    aw, such lovely shots, sounds like a great day!

    big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i re-write: what a lovely shot and a sweet encounter!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ah, she looks like just as much of a sweetheart as my own Daisy Mae.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...she looks so sweet.

    ReplyDelete