Wednesday, March 28, 2012

For Dog Lovers


I pulled into the crowded parking lot at the supermarket and rolled down the car windows to make sure my Labrador had fresh air.  She was stretched, full out, on the back seat and I wanted to impress upon her that she must remain there.  I walked to the curb backward, pointing my finger at the car and saying emphatically, "Now you stay!  Do you hear me?  Stay!  Stay!  The driver of a nearby car, a young lady, gave me a strange look and said, "Why don't you just put it in park?"

~Author Unknown~



Dog Owner's Prayer

Help me learn to disregard
Canine craters in my yard,
And show me how to be a buddy,
Even when my sofa's muddy.

Don't allow my pup to munch
Postal carriers for lunch.
Please shield my neighbor's cat from view,
And guide my steps around the doo!

Train me not to curse and scowl
When it's puppy's night to howl.
Grant I shan't wake in fear
With a cold nose in my ear!

Give me patience without end
And help me be....
"My dog's best friend."

~Author Unknown~

21 comments:

Kay said...

I'm a DOG LOVER.

Country Gal said...

I to am a dog lover ! My Miggy is my sunshine , my buddy I love my Miggy ! Cute post ! Have a good day !

Country Gal said...

I love all kinds of animals , birds and yes even some bugs hehe !

Out on the prairie said...

A fun set of thoughts for our canine companions.

Marilyn said...

This made me smile! I miss my friend, BooBoo, but the time is not right to find another buddy. The right time is coming, though!♥♫

TexWisGirl said...

definitely a good post for me. :)

Glenda said...

Now I've had my laugh for the day. Loved the joke and the poem!

MarieElizabeth said...

Love that first one!!

Linda Reeder said...

I'm not a doggie lover, but that was fun!

Sharon said...

That was a cute post! Luv it!

Cloudia said...

Amen




Warm Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

i beati said...

funny the header brings me back to my childhood they do not stay long enough to suit me

i beati said...

funny the header brings me back to my childhood they do not stay long enough to suit me

matron said...

I wish my pup could read, I would show him this delightful post,then perhaps he would understand how frustrating it is when he digs up all the summer plants I have just put in the garden.
The story of the dog in the car made me laugh--nearly spilled my coffee over the computer.!!

Sunray Gardens said...

Very cute! Cute photos.

Cher Sunray Gardens

Valerie said...

"Why don't you just put it in park?"
What a hoot, Denise. I can just see that happening. I too am a dog lover. Labradors in particular. Oh how I wish I still had mine.

Shaun_ShutterBug said...

talking to your car. Tut Tut, i hope it listened to you. !!!

imac said...

Woof --Beautiful - Woof.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

And dear Lord...please help me be the person my dogs believe me to be.
My pack of doguns say, "thanks for the recognition!"

Don't unplug your hub. said...

A wonderful read. Thank you. From John and Sadie

Cezar and Léia said...

:) so adorable friends!
Léia and little LUNA