Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Dream


I had a dream the other night (2-19-12 actually).  I don't very often remember them but last night Gregg and I found ourselves back in Arizona, except he didn't know it.  We have been there a few times before, the last about three years ago.

In my dream while walking around one of the national parks we spotted a mountain lion and marveled at its beauty, not being afraid at all at the close proximity.  I felt very safe.  In the next moment we found ourselves in the visitors' center and while looking around, the same mountain lion walked in.  This time we hid behind the nearest door, which happened to be the ladies room.  There were other people inside already and as I peaked out, the mountain lion left.  I went up to the desk and asked a lady behind it, "Does this happen often?"  and as she opened her mouth to reply, I woke up before I got the answer.

It didn't take me long to figure out why I had dreamed of Arizona.  I enjoy going to Marie's blog - A Colorful World.   Marie used to live in Virginia but moved to Arizona not so long ago.  I was showing Gregg one of her posts which we both enjoyed, and we talked about driving through the state, hence I found myself back in Arizona last night.  We always knew we would be taking a trip back one day, but not in one of my dreams.  The other surprise for me was that I actually remembered it.