Saturday, January 7, 2012

Camera Critters

Sorry, no cuddly bunnies today, no cuddly anything because I have seen no cuddlies in a while, more's the pity.


However, I am sharing "Thinker on a Rock" today.  The person who created him  is Barry Flanagan (1941-2009), a Welsh sculptor "best known for his bronze statues of hares."  You can find out more if you click here.


Most times when we go into Washington DC we will walk through The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden, and if we do we always make a point of passing by our 'bunny'.  You might think its pose is somewhat familiar, as Mr. Flannagan borrowed the pose from Rodin's The Thinker (1880).  There is another Thinker on the Rock on loan to Washington University in St. Louis.

Husband Gregg  is in the picture below.  One of us always has our photo taken with him.  I've shared our satirical bunny before on this blog.


Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.
To see other fun critters please click here.

19 comments:

  1. Not at all certain that I would like to know what he is thinking. He looks more than a little spooky to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different looking bunny all skinny and lean. When I first saw it, I was thinking it was not a bunny. :) After looking for a minute I realized it was a bunny. Different!

    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first glance he does look a little spooky, but after studying the picture for a while I quite liked him. I often wonder what inspires sculptors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Happy Hare and can see why you like him so much. Your header photo is wonderful - I can almost feel the grip of those tiny fingers. Sweet:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh look at the smile on Greg's face! Haha! What a bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightful take on Rodin's "Thinker"! Although this fella is a bit on the skinny side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute, Denise. I enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He looks so familiar. There's some rabbit sculpture in Tempe that may have a copy of that one. I'll have to go see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Denise, what a wonderful place to visit. I love the Thinker bunny, he is cute. Wonderful shot of Gregg posing with the bunny. I will have to try finding this place during our next visit to DC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is comical, the bunny I mean, not Greg. I wonder what he is thinking about, the bunny not Greg.

    ReplyDelete
  11. outstanding thank you fro showing size relevance !!Have a special week !1sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting satirical sculpture. A hare must be thinking something quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like this hare sculpture! I find so many things on your blog that I haven't seen in DC. Bob and I really do need to make a return trip one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's a great hare! I bet children just love him.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for all the nice comments.

    ReplyDelete