Saturday, December 24, 2011

Teddy Bear Collection

If you've been looking at my blog for a while, you may have seen the occasional post of my Teddy Bear collection.  They don't appear that often as I haven't bought any for a long time now, but occasionally I am given one that is welcomed as part of the Teddy Bear family and it is just as treasured.  I don't think the boys will be interested in this post, but maybe some fellow bear lovers/collectors.   If you're interested in the other posts, you can click on the label "Teddy Bears" below this post to see others I have shared.   The one of note below is my all-time favorite, the one-eyed teddy bear given to me by my Mum and Dad when I was a year old.  Believe me, he's been around for a LONG time!

From another teddy bear lover.


Below there are new additions, the three on the front left were given to me by Celia this past summer on one of our trips down to Virginia Beach.  I love them and you can probably see why.   I also love my blue-striped sock elephant, honorary teddy bear family member.  He was given to me by my dear son.  The honorary teddy bear white reindeer was given to me by friend Jackie on our last get-together with the girls and I'm happy he's joined us.


Another view in which you can see a few other Christmas decorations, the woodland Santa on the right which was a gift from Gregg's sister a few years ago, love him!   He comes out every December, as do the angels.  The little bear angel with the pretty pink dress holding a garland of stars was given to me by Celia last year.  


Above and below are the same bears with just a closer view.

My navy bear and others.  Gregg was in the navy which including his years at the Annapolis Navy Academy was over 20 years, so of course when I saw this lovely guy about ten years ago, I had to add him to the family.


Almost time for Christmas Day.  

8 comments:

  1. Denise, I love your Teddy bear collection. The one eyed bear is adorable too. Wonderful cute photos. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, Denise. I love your collection especially the bear angels (I collect angels)--and the Navy one... Awesome!!!!

    Merry Christmas to YOU and YOURS.
    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice collection. I have a few also here.
    Cher Sunray Gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas, Denise! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful collection, Denise. Enjoyed the video, too. Thank you for all your delightful and educational posts throughout the year. Christmas Greetings. Have a glorious day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your one-eyed bear is almost the twin of my earliest teddy. Mine is called dirty uncle teddy because his arms and legs are floppy (because my brothers used to hold onto him by either an arm or a leg as they walloped me or each other). Poor dirty uncle teddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to look at your wonderful teddy bear collection again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every one is a keeper! Happy Holidays.♥♫

    ReplyDelete