Friday, December 9, 2011

Camera Critters - Short Video of Seals at La Jolla, California - September 2010


Eureka! I have just joined the ranks of learning how to put a video on my blog again. It's been a long time and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. It is one out of my archives, of several seals on the beach at La Jolla in California back in September 2010. There is a bit of a squiggle at the end where I forgot to turn my camera off, you'll hear me for a few seconds and fortunately you don't get a long bumpy ride before I realize I still have my camera on!

Please double-click on the video to enlarge it to your screen.



My thanks must go to the Crafty Gardener in Ontario, Canada whose post I read here about uploading a video to YouTube. I had tried to do this once before quite a while back, when the old way of uploading to blogger didn't work anymore. After reading CG's post I tried again, with a little more patience than I had that other time apparently, and was successful.

For other seal photos that I have taken, you can click on the tag below this post, entitled 'seals'.

Thank you Misty for hosting Camera Critters.
To see other fun critters please click here.

26 comments:

  1. Denise,
    I hope you and yours had a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for your latest messages on my blog.

    Take care.

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful! Good for you for persevering.

    Thanks for visiting my buffalo! Must figure out another CC for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. They are so graceless on land and so glorious in the water they almost seem like two different animals. They looked plumb tuckered out in those shots. Thanks for perservering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The video worked great. Loved seeing the beach and seals... I could almost smell the salty air and feel the sea spray. Thank you. I'll have to go read that post about YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried the videos for a long time. I worked at many attempt once and never got it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denise, the seals are cute. I enjoyed the video. It must have been a fun sight to see. THanks for sharing, have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you did it! and a nice job of it too-


    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love seeing the seal video.. Thanks so much, Denise.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't turn the sound on because Art is sleeping next to me. I loved seeing the seals resting and playing on the beach. That one seal was really having fun digging that hole. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed that, Denise. Now that you have the video know-how I expect more lovely things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, Denise! Now I know what your voice sounds like! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The seals at La Jolla are a sight to see. Great video.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that's wonderful to see! Make me wish for warm water..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you! I still haven't figured it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There were quite a few of the little guys werent' there? I wouldn't mind hanging out at the beach - it's 28 degrees here this morning. :)
    I love the sweet face on the seal in the still image.

    ReplyDelete
  16. they are absolutely fascinating creatures to watch. I'm so accustomed to freshwater life, but the oceans offer a whole different array of life to watch. this is a really fun video, I'm glad you stuck with it and finished, as it's a wonderful thing to share. I haven't yet gotten up the nerve to try my hand at putting together a video, but you've inspired me! happy weekend to you Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing the video, it's a treat!

    Please come see my critter shots. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great video, and thanks so much for passing the info on about posting video. I haven't tried it yet, and need to get up to speed!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Woof!
    Keeper Lui sent me here to tell you that I included your drooly Owl in one of my holiday cards which I posted in my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many seals! What a lovely video, Denise:-)

    ReplyDelete