Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dogs on the beach

When we were in Virginia Beach last weekend Gregg and I headed for the main beach downtown. I can honestly say without hesitation that I have never seen so many dogs being walked. The weather was great and I had fun taking photos of the many different kinds of pooches that there were out there. I'm quick to add that I did not see any unsightly messes left behind. I didn't even see one dog do a doo-doo and if they did their owners must have diligently picked up after their four-legged friends.

During the summer months pets are not allowed in the mostly populated areas and you can find out where they are allowed if you click here. Virginia Beach seems to be very pet friendly.


















There was even a removable paddock set up on the sand holding several horses. If you paid $30 you could take a half-hour ride on one. I'll have photos of people riding in another post.

16 comments:

  1. What pretty dogs. It's nice that they didn't leave a mess behind. I've always wanted to ride a horse on the beach! Very good photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow---that is a huge group of dogs... You got some great pictures of all of the different types of dogs... YES--that beach is definitely pet-friendly... (Watch where you step though!!! ha)
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. great feel-good post, D!


    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. There is something about dogs and water ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dogs and water. The pictures are terrific, Denise. I really like the one of the couple and their dog in conversation - or so it seems. Another favourite is the BIG dog looking back ... I tried and failed to think of a suitable caption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great collection of doggy shots. All different shapes and sizes. It must be nice for dog owners to walk their pets on the beach. I hope they do pick up after them .

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great selection of dogs ! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did see a lot of dogs! Back when we lived in Houston we used to take our dogs to Galveston and they just loved jumping in the waves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is a lot of dogs on the beach and quite a variety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have quite a collection of cute dogs. I love the one sitting in the bicycle basket. So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun post, Denise. I just love all the doggies. It is nice to hear the owners were responsible for picking up after thier pets. Wonderful photos. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you friends, I'm happy you enjoyed the cute pooches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute dogs. It's interesting to see what kind of dogs each owner has, not that they look like each other. Then again, you wonder what trait in the owner's personality chose that particular dog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved these shots. The middle of the lineup is a Rhodesian Ridgeback, and I have pictures of my husband walking our Rhodesian, Penny, on the beach, so this really touched me! Penny had cancer and had to be put down five years ago. My husband cried like a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dogs everywhere, running, jogging, walking, or even just watching a beautiful sunset, all done together with their owners at their side. These activities can also promote the health and wellness of both the dog owners, and the dog as well. What’s good about having dogs as companion is that they don’t make a fuss, are very obedient - owners will lead, and dogs will follow.

    -Donna Parsley

    ReplyDelete