Sunday, October 30, 2011

Taste Unlimited, Virginia Beach and a bit of a ramble

No flowers today because frankly I have not one flower photo to show you. Oh well, hopefully by next week I will. Instead....

continued progress in my Father-in-Law's health. Gregg did a solo trip this weekend and as we speak should be about two-thirds of the way home. Before he left he said that his Dad was able to get dressed and take a walk around the house for the first time. Great news! Thank you again for all your wonderful words of support and all the prayers for his recovery.

I thought I would tell you about another eatery we visited while in Virginia Beach, as on our errand runs down there we had the opportunity to go to Taste Unlimited. This is a great place for sandwiches, another shop we have been going to for years, You can check it out if you click here.

It's a pretty casual place and there is no seating inside. However, as it was a sunny day we were happy to munch on lunch at one of the many picnic tables located in front of the store. All the pumpkins were being sold which made it very festive.

The entrance was decorated for the season....

and I remember this wall mural on the outside near picnic tables under a covered area at the side of the building. If I remember correctly this area is also used in the summer months for produce grown by local farmers.

For lunch I had the Portabello Bistro which is.....

marinated Portabello mushrooms, Havarti cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and Caesar dressing on Italian Flatbread. It was scrumptious!

I can't remember what Gregg's sandwich was but he looks like he is enjoying it doesn't he?

We were surrounded by pumpkins for sale.

This little dog let me take his picture - notice he is showing his good side.

One of the ladies sitting nearby offered to take our photo, thank you nice lady.

We weren't in the market to buy any pumpkins but we saw a lot of families stop by who were....

and we enjoyed the nice displays....

of various kinds of pumpkins.


A quick lunch and then we were back to our errands.

Gregg took this photo of the biggest pine tree I have ever seen growing in this area.


9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hi Denise, I am happy to hear your FIl is recovering. I will keep you all in my prayers and wish for a quick recovery. I enjoyed this post and if I am ever in Virginia Beach I will have to try this restaurant. Your sandwich sounded delicious. Wonderful photos, Have a great week!

Linda Reeder said...

I love pumpkin orange!

The Elephant's Child said...

Excellent news about your FIL.

My father didn't like pumpkin, declaring it 'pig food'. So I had left home before I tried it. And it is right up there with my favourite vegies. I love it almost every way I have tried. So I was drooling a bit looking at that field of orange joy. Thank you.

Cloudia said...

You made me smell the pumpkins and the burning leaves!


Aloha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

Kay said...

I am missing seeing all the fall festivities on the mainland. I don't see many pumpkins here. Somebody did say there was a pumpkin shortage.

That portobello panini has my mouth watering!

gigihawaii said...

That sandwich looks delish. My dad used to grow pumpkins in his front yard when he was alive. Tourist buses would stop in front of our house to look at his garden.

jabblog said...

Just catching up - I'm sorry to hear your father-in-law has been ill. I hope his recovery continues.

Maa said...

Hi Denise, Don't all those pumkins look amazing. I have some some butternut pumpkins growing in my vege garden at the moment.
Maa

Marie said...

What a great excursion! Boy, it brings back memories of my "once and always home" I used to pass there many times! That portobello sandwich sounds so scrumptious! I had a really great one at the Bakery in Suffolk once, but haven't tried Taste Unlimited's version.