Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ingenious.....

(Pre-dated post while visiting family)

My dear husband finds the most interesting videos. I thought this was amazing and very inventive.

"An incredible new technology is bringing solar lighting as you've never seen before to developing communities across the world. Check out the video below and see how three simple components (a bottle, filtered water and some bleach) are sharing light (up to 55 watts) and saving money for one community."

More information can be read here:

10 comments:

Valerie said...

Amazing. It reminds me of the old adage 'necessity is the mother of invention'.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is amazing! He is a creative and smart man. Great video!

Debbie said...

what a wonderful story. we have so much that we take for granted!!

Sharon said...

Great post, Denise!

imac said...

Amazing - but what happens when it rains? lol

Margaret Cloud said...

I am amazed at this mans ingenuity. I think he is an incredible man and a blessing to these people.

Toyin O. said...

That is fascinating, thanks for sharing.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Thanks for sharing, Denise. That is AWESOME.
Hugs,
Betsy

Lui said...

Hi Denise!
My friend Illac did this same project for the indigent communities in my country but it works only during the day.

I enjoyed your cruise on the previous posts and it felt like you brought us along with you! What a great trip, Denise!

Charlene: the Polarblogger said...

Haha!! That's in the Philippines, where I came from! But that's the squatter area, where the people live in shanties and struggle hard to survive. Yes, that's how creative and resourceful Filipinos are. We try to make our "technology" out of trash. Nice post.