Monday, October 31, 2011

Another wonderful quote.....and a mini ramble

"I believe in kindness.....

also in mishchief.....

also in singing.....

especially when singing is not necessarily prescribed."

~~~~~

I have recently discovered Mary Oliver and this is her quote, one of many that I will be using in my blog, along with her poems. You can read her biography here if you would like to learn more about her.

The photos were taken by Kevin, one of our Corry 'family'. They show Gregg, Rose and I enjoying young people on the floor dancing to Y-M-C-A and yes, Rose and I are singing right along, doing a pretty good job of keeping up with the dancers while they moved their arms in the shapes of the letters in the song. Later we actually got on the dance floor when the DJ played The Twist, and yes the next day I felt parts of my body whine a little at each move I made but it was worth it. We were on The Spirit of Norfolk's dinner-cruise a few weeks ago, which as you can see was a whole lot of fun. Sometimes you just have to let go and enjoy the moment. My advice is to let your inhibitions fly out the window every once in a while, it's good for the soul.

14 comments:

  1. Glad that you were able to go with the flow, and ope that the resultant aches disappeared quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that quote. I will have to look for more of her writings. You all look like you were having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Denise you are such a game person to dance like that! The first time I encountered a YMCA dance/sing-along I slipped out. ;-)What a shame (on me!)

    I love the pumpkin and your sandwich sound delicious.

    But I missed your flower post ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I believe in all that too! Happy Halloween, Denise! Aha! A time for mischief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have danced to YMCA by the Village People many times. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fun times, wonderful story. i hope you always dance!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live Love Laugh and often !
    I guessed straight away what you were doing - looks like you had a super time -happy Halloween !

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right - it's good to free yourself from your inhibitions once in a while. It's fun:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Halloween is a great day to let go of inhibitions! Watch out world!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha!...and how many glasses of wine did it take to get you two gals to dance? What fun. Maa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you were all having a blast! Events like that are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool message Denise.Ya'll sure do look like you are having fun!
    I remember that cool song.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all these beautiful comments.

    ReplyDelete