Monday, September 5, 2011

Zoo Animals - Part 2

As mentioned in this post I am sharing our son's photos today from when he and his wife visited the San Diego Zoo a few weeks ago. I found some information on the animals at the zoo's web site which can be found here. Information on the giraffe you can click here. Whenever I can I will provide a link for you to learn more about each animal. If I can't find any information on that particular animal, I will just leave it blank.


Click here to find out more about the Panda. Later they were in the gift shop and took a photo of its doppelganger. If I had seen him I think I would have been trying to stuff him into my suitcase and adding him to my collection.

Koala Bear information can be found here.
Loved these shots of the Meerkats. Go here to find out more about these lovely animals.



The picture above and below are shots taken of the Colobus Monkey. You can learn more if you click here.
Hmmm.........the closest I could get to identifying this animal was a young Black-crested Macaque, but not 100 percent sure if I am correct. I could not find anything on the zoo's website. You can visit here to see a monkey that is pretty similar, and also here. Not so long ago I shared this link, which is the same type of primate.
Below is a lesser spot-nosed guenon. Go here for more information.

Lisa and Brad were surprised to see a dog and a cheetah being taken out for a walk. Their story is here.
Here you go to find out about the wild pigs. Below is the Red River Hog. You can follow this link for more information on him.
For info on the Zebra, please go here.
I couldn't find out what these adorable deer-like animals were.

Here for the bears.
That's it and I would like to thank you Lisa and Brad for letting me share these wonderful animals in my blog post today.

19 comments:

  1. Did they photograph the animals through glass windows? If so, I see no evidence of any glare. These photos are so up close and personal, Denise. I thought the panda looked like one of those teddy bears you buy at a souvenir shop! It looked almost too perfect. So soft and cuddly. Mahalo for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love going to the zoo, there's one very near my house, but there's no Panda now, very soon we'll have one , a gift from the government of China.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute panda(s)! A few months ago, Two pandas came Ueno Zoo in Tokyo for rental from China.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful zoo photos. Your first giraffe photo is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I love the meerkats especially.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoroughly enjoyed all of these photos but took me forever to figure out what the pig was and when I did, there was the name in the comment. Liked that picture the most of all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos, almost like being there without all of the walking. We haven't been to a zoo for years. Last time was the Cincinnati Zoo. Hope you're having a wonderful long week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son (or whomever took the photos) seems to be drawn toward the sweet, calm forms of totally adorable. The animals photographed are in such great relaxed states.
    Also, thanks for visiting my travel blog. The internet went down when I was editing last night so I couldn't finish it until this morning - after the publishing time. I added three architectural features in the middle in case you like that stuff.
    Again, I loved those animals. The meerkat looks like such a baby.
    nellie

    ReplyDelete
  9. The diversity of God's creatures. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics, I like all the closeups. The San Diego Zoo is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your son is a talented photographer. I think my favorite is the first one of the giraffe. Happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a great post full of wonderful animals! I especially enjoyed the Meerkats

    ReplyDelete
  13. The meerkats are my favourites. They look so . . . .human . . . . in their attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the shots taken at the zoo! I've heard San Diego has a wonderful zoo but I've never been to California. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great photos, I especially love the Meerkat one,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  16. You collection is wonderful. My koala had the same pose as yours. sleeping in a fetal position.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Passeei pelo zoológico sem sair de casa. Lindas fotos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great photos! I love meerkats. They're very popular here in the UK now as there is a series of TV ads for car insurance which use them as spokes people speaking in Russian accents. They're very funny! Google "compare the meerkat" for a laugh.

    ReplyDelete