Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sharing a new site.

Recently, thanks to Gregg who found it on Twitter, I was introduced to a great site called 'Brain Pickings." It is a wealth of information and covers a vast array of topics. I found it immensely enjoyable and you can take a look if you click here.

While browsing through some of its pages, I came across this great little video that has been made by the World Wildlife Fund. It shows a short movie celebrating their 50th Anniversary. As Brain Pickings so eloquently puts it, "It's about Harry Potter meets The Census for Marine Life meets Nabakov's Butterflies." Click on their names to find very interesting articles.

Please click on the video to enlarge it to your computer screen.



Here can also see a short movie on Vimeo about the making of this movie.

8 comments:

Cezar and Léia said...

Looks very interesting, I will visit this site, thanks for the hint!
Léia

Cloudia said...

thanks!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral


> < } } ( ° >



><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

Out on the prairie said...

So many take for granted we have found all and fail to negotiate the new and lost finds in our world. Makes me want to visit a natural history museum, there aren't any very close.

grammie g said...

Hi Denise...It is so true that which had yet to be found ...I must admit I never have seen any Harry Potter movie's, but I was spell bound for a bit : }
We do take for granted, and there are those who really don't care!!!
Thanks for the site ..I just loved the butterflies ..my favorite was "Lolita" wonderful sketching!!

Grace

Sharon said...

Terrible signal right now, will check it when it's better.

Have a great day!

imac said...

Most interesting.

jabblog said...

We don't know what we don't know - there are discoveries being made every day - so exciting.

Craver Vii said...

(lol) I just about fell out of my chair when I saw that you posted something about the WWF (World Wrestling Federation)!