Monday, August 29, 2011

The deer we saw on our ride home

So there we were on Sunday, we had had a nice stop off at the bookstore, I had my coffee and a little reading done while Gregg looked around, we had had a great walk around Walney Pond and didn't think we would see anything else of interest, except......

driving through one of the neighborhoods on our way home we came across a family of deer. This was surprising considering the time of day. We don't usually see them until later on when the sun is going down, but we figured all that rain-soaked grass must have been extra tasty. The deer family appeared to be having a great lunch, and didn't pay us much mind when we stopped the car at the side of the road.

Hello handsome!

These little guys still had their spots as you can see.....

and they were more interested in that tasty grass than the woman taking photos from the passenger window.....

and I had a great time.....

taking their pictures.....

Until.......

"Gregg, why did you move the car?"

"There was a car coming up behind me."

"Gregg, why did you move the car?"

"Why don't you get out and take the pictures?"

"Because they're going to disappear into the trees if I do. The car makes a great blind."

"Gregg, why did you move the car now?"

"Gotta go, the traffic is getting heavier."

He's right of course, safety comes first. Sometimes you just have to listen to your husband like he should have listened to me 30 years ago when he bought those startling lime green golfing pants on sale for $7 at the navy exchange. His Mom and I took one look at his purchase and mutually decided we needed to help him out. They mysteriously disappeared and when he came off that six month cruise......

"Where are my lime green pants?"

"What lime green pants?"

But I digress, weren't those the cutest deer?

Thank you Gregg for taking care of me when I get too focused behind the camera, and next time you get any lime green pants, I'll be happy to take care of you because I love you too.

28 comments:

  1. Beautiful deer family photos and a laugh too, what a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they are beautiful! And your commentary is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just enchanting shots - and the commentary rang a bell or six as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep seeing deer on my walks lately. I think they are attracted to my shocking pink jacket, with the lime green cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize the fawns keep their spots that long. Wise choice regarding those pants, btw.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great shots. Greg, why did you move that car? We wanted to see more, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deer photos, Denise ---and I loved the lime green pants story!!!!! ha

    Hugs
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome. I LOVE deer even though some people find them annoying - hey they have to eat too. Well done Denise; thanks for stopping Greg! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't hubbies the best people? David is a lot like Gregg, so patient while his wife takes pictures for her blog! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fantastic shots Denise. I've always found them to be so flighty as to not be able to get one good shot, let alone a series.
    Laughing at the car interchange... we all do it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful photos. Nothing better than great shots along with a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely images of the deer Denise.
    Lime green pants? Gregg certainly needed help. Did he think he was at "Augusta".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post, Denise! What wonderful pictures of the deer. And your commentary is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank heaven that fashions have changed! Love the pics and commentary (as always).
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful shots of the deer.

    Thanks for the link. What happened to them is something I think about in big storms.

    ReplyDelete
  16. By the sounds of those lime green slacks … the deer would have had them for breakfast because they could easily be mistaken for grass. Thanks for sharing your journey, Denise. It was a fun ride home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful creation! Aren't they graceful?
    I enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such pretty creatures - lovely photos. Good job you have Gregg to look out for you for sure Denise but I would stick to your guns about lime green pants! A x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for all the lovely comments everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Like that shot of the buck, all very grand.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post, Denise, both the deer shots and the commentary. Same thing happens when I'm shooting photos from the car window and suddenly the car moves.

    ReplyDelete
  22. magical creatures!




    Aloha from Waikiki;


    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  23. Denise, I am like yo and my husband is like yours! though he understand sometimes because he is a photographer also, at other times he does not. If no cars are coming I will often stop in the middle of the road. He will not. So, sometimes I get the shot, and sometimes not. Cute post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just great! I can imagine your excitement at being able to take their photos... just grazing and not being frightened off.
    Lol, loved the little conversation with Gregg too ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  25. These photos are so beautiful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The young ones look just like Bambi. How lucky to see these creatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love to see deer, Denise! They are so cute and such a treat to see. I know they do damage to plants and trees, I love them anyway.

    ReplyDelete