Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This is for Janet and her brother from Janet's "My Brother Andrew" Blog

Janet in England, whose blog, "My Brother Andrew", is doing a fabulous job of raising awareness for her brother’s fight against progressive Bulbar Palsy, a type of Lou Gehrig’s Disease. Janet sent me some wrist bands which I took along today to share with my friends. You can see us all wearing them above.

Standing up left to right is Anne, Hazel and me, Denise. Sitting down on the left is Kathy and on the right is Jacky. I always have a great time with the girls. We're all English and met while working in a British Shop and Cafe several years ago. We were celebrating Hazel’s birthday today and had fun watching her open up the gifts we gave her.

I also thank the nice young man who saw me trying to set up my self-timer and offered to take the photo of us all.

You can visit Janet’s blog by clicking here.

11 comments:

  1. Birthday treats , good friends and lots of smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the other customers thought they had dropped into a Brit colony :)
    Smile galore, that's what it's all about, celebrating with friends and having fun on a birthday.
    I have one of those wristbands, it's a wonderful effort by Janet on the part of her brother...
    Bum's Up !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice picture and a happy birthday to Hazel, looks like you all are having fun,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely photo, Denise. I can imagine what a great time you had with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo! I enjoy getting together with friends, just as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to Hazel-we share the same birthday ! What a lovely birthday surprise to click on your blog and see this ! Thank you so much xx Wonderful group photograph of you and your friends-they look a wonderful bunch of people-hope you all had a fantastic day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just been over to visit Janet.She is doing a great job at fundraising. You have a nice bunch of friends there to enjoy birthdays with. Birthday bear wishes she could be there too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful smiles... I found myself smiling back.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wild group of Brits.Lots of fun I expect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun to have a get together with girlfriends. And how nice that you have a group who share your homeland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, it's been fun reading all your comments. I think I have returned the visit to everyone now.

    ReplyDelete