Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Denise is feeling the heat.


I thought I would post this photo of me taken in Charlottesville last Saturday. It was a bit hot and humid. Gregg is a Virginia boy and the hotter and more humid it is the better. He married me, a girl from England, who used to think a heatwave was 70 degrees, and never knew what humidity was. I asked him, "Do I look hot?" at which he laughed and took
a photo of my hot and sweaty forehead. "Thanks!" I said a bit dryly. He said it always amazes him that not a lot has changed since I first arrived all those years ago. Some things change and some things stay the same.

Conversation around Charlottesville"

Me: "I'm so hot. How long have we been out?"

Gregg: "About five minutes."

Me: "Can we go for a nice cold drink somewhere? I feel like I am melting into the ground."

Gregg: "Look, there's an old time drug store. Let's go get a lemonade."

Me: "Do they have air-conditioning?"

These two dogs were feeling the heat too. I know how you feel little buddies.

When I think of those first English settlers who arrived in Jamestown back in 1607, I feel quite ashamed of myself, and don't get me started on the mosquitoes. I'm such a wimp!

13 comments:

Susan said...

I feel for you Denise. Humidity is not our thing either!
It saps energy!
I'm always amazed at how some people (like your Gregg) just seem to thrive in it.
Ha ha, loved your conversation!!
Keep cool :D)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

I don't care for the heat and humidity either!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

I used to spend hours baking in the sun, and playing in the pool, no longer, I like air conditioning, I only spend time outdoors in the early morning or late evening.
Last time I was home in England it was so hot, I felt I was suffocating, my brother kept telling everyone "She's used to air condioning".....lol
I've thought about those early settlers many a time, they had a hard way to go.
~Jo

Betsy said...

I'm with you! I hate to be hot and the humidity just makes it worse! I get cranky! My hubs is fine with it and doesn't even care to turn on the A/C. Ugh.

Pauline said...

I know how you feel, except with me it is the cold. I grew up in the tropics and still love the heat but turn into a king sized whimp in winter! Some things we just have to grin and bear, huh?

Cloudia said...

you & me both, friend :)



Aloha from Waikiki :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Janet said...

I`m with you Denise-a total wimp over 70 degrees and I have had it !

Self Sagacity said...

I guess I shouldn't complain about the cool weather we had, but I do like it really hot.

Valerie said...

nice picture. I'm with you on this one, Denise. I can't stand being too hot.

jabblog said...

I'm with you, Denise. Anything over 68 and I melt.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Yup, you do look hot! I can't take the humidity either....ughhhhh

BTW..those wedding shots are lovely. (did you feel a bit like stalkers?) LOL

Jane and Chris said...

We English roses do tend to wilt a bit in the heat!
Jane x
I dare not complain about the heat, we spend all winter complaining about the cold!

eileeninmd said...

HI Denise, I hope you enjoyed your trip. I like it hot but not the humidity. You look like you were holdign up well despite the heat. Great photos.