Monday, June 6, 2011

A bundle of fluff......


We came across these little darlings just clambering all over each other, ending up in a little ball of cuteness. Their parents were watching over them and we got several warnings not to go any closer. As they were right next to the walking path it was a bit difficult. Two young girls came by and one adult Canada Goose made a fake charge at her, with it's beak open and tongue showing its displeasure, which made her squeal and run in the other direction. The geese were doing what comes naturally when protecting their young, and we very carefully edged around them and left the little ones to their nap.

17 comments:

  1. How cute is that? Nice shot! Shows you - don't mess with Mother Goose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, so cute. Geese are good parents, very protective. Glad the youngsters got their nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so cute! They look so soft and smooth. Wish I could touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got grabbed by a goose once. Very painful. They don't pretend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable ! lovely photograph,glad their mom is taking such good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are delightful. I wouldn't get too close to parent geese, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, so cute & fluffy! However, geese aren't to be messed with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are very protective towards their young Denise, none better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is a much needed moment of cuteness that I really needed on a Monday--THANKS for that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely smile inducing image, Denise. I had a chuckle about the little girl being scared away - hope she wasn't too badly frightened.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are cute, and you are right their parents get a little testy when they think somebody is too close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Irresistible! I too would have hovered around for shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Denise!
    That was super cute!
    I love how you caught one begging in the last post!

    I am having a hard time posting and linking so I'm glad somebody linked my flowers to TF. My guess is it was probably you? ;-)

    Thank you, Angel DEnise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those little ones. I recently had to skirt round a look-out goose - he was very patient with me but eyed me the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are adorable when they are small aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for all your lovely comments on my little gosling family.

    ReplyDelete