Saturday, May 14, 2011

The squirrels are getting a little squirrelly.

At this time of the year the squirrels are going through peanut withdrawal. I was having a cup of tea at the beginning of the day when the latest generation, who have learned to crawl all over our screens, were trying to figure out why there were no peanuts first thing in the morning. I had to tell them that with the weather getting warmer, there would be plenty of food for them in the natural world, that I had also seen them burying the peanuts in the lawn out back, that the raccoons were out and no matter how much I loved those little bandits, I didn't think it would be a good idea to encourage them to come and raid the bird feeders or see what they could find on our back deck, like peanuts. So, everyone will have to be going through peanut withdrawal, even Gregg who loves to dip into the bag every now and again.











Even the neighbor's dog is getting in on the act. Oh no, not you too!

26 comments:

  1. That was hilarious!! (and true)
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! so cute and funny, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny, great post.

    Love your Header too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mean you're NOT going to feed them:-)??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the smiles! What great pictures and commentary to go along with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha- what a good story you've made along with the beautiful pictures! You have a great friend in that squirrel, I'm sure! :)

    Wishing you a very lovely spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny ! they don`t give in easily-do they ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures - brightened my day! You have them spoiled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hilarious! Love the captions - spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Denise,
    This story is adorable, I love your creative ideas, and Mr. Squirrel is cute and smart!
    Please...give him some peanut! ;)
    Hugs
    and a nice Sunday
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with the photos and captions. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hilarious, Denise. I went through the pictures three times and laughed at every one. Brilliant. We've also denied the squirrels their peanuts but we do still feed the smaller birds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever. You should write cartoons for the paper. It is hilarious and so too the expressions on the squirrel's face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is so funny Denise, I just love it. As I write this I have one balancing upside down on my "squirrel proof" bird feeder!!!!

    At least it keeps Molly out of mischief watching them.....great post Denise,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very funny, Ilike the ending. They follow me in the yard sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was really cute. I'm new to your blog but have enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so funny, Denise! I just love how you did the captions. You have such a fantastic sense of humor. Those squirrels definitely seemed determined.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This was a great post. I have giggled and giggled all the way through it. I cannot imagine having squirrels so darn close. Glad you had the camera at hand. This is wonderful for my grim Sunday without water. Left the hose running and burned out the pump in the well. Not good! I needed your squirrels to brighten my dreary, DRY day.

    ReplyDelete
  19. delightful!




    Thrilled to be BACK-

    Warm Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  20. YOU are hilarious! I have a raccoon trying to eat the peanuts now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Funny! Love the squirrel's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just seen this Denise - brilliant
    JJ

    ReplyDelete