Sunday, April 10, 2011

Meadowlark Gardens

For the first time in several weekends Gregg and I were able to get a little exercise today. We had a lovely walk around Meadowlark Gardens, our first trip there this year. When I woke up this morning I was feeling a lot better and wanting to go somewhere, anywhere really as I have been well and truly housebound, and we decided on the gardens. It's only a short car ride from our house, about half an hour, and there are plenty of benches along the pathways in case we needed a sit-down.

This is a relatively short post but I'll be sharing more in the next day or so. I'm actually feeling like I will be taking a nap any time now.

The photo shows Gregg sitting on one of those benches.

12 comments:

Marina said...

We went to Holland today and I couldn't stop thinking of you!!! You should be there...So many flowers and trees in a park... Tulips and narcissus!!!! And falling water and grass...Colours and smells brought Spring in my mood! Oh you should be there!!!

Janie said...

That bench is the perfect place to relax. What a gorgeous little lake with all the spring color surrounding it.

Jean said...

I know how it is to wake-up and want to get moving. Glad y'all had a nice walk. Sweet photo of you hubby!:)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

It looks like a lovely garden and such a nice place to sit for a spell. I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to get out!

Larry said...

Such a lovely spot! L

Linda Reeder said...

I'm catching up too, but I've just been busy, not sick. So glad you are feeling better!
This looks like a wonderful garden. I love the header shot.

Kay said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful and so spring! Yae!

Janet said...

What a fantastic view ! very serene -a perfect place to relax,nice to get out in the fresh air and feel the sun on your face after being cooped up !

Jane and Chris said...

What a glorious setting!
Jane x

Out on the prairie said...

Very nice area to have close.

gigihawaii said...

What a lovely name for a park! Beautiful flowers! Did you see or hear any larks? lol

jabblog said...

It's good to know you're both feeling more human. Take it easy!