Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I have a new print over my mantlpiece.

For more detail you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.
I picked this up from the framers today. Several weeks ago I mentioned that I had found a lady who paints the village where I lived when I first met Gregg 35 years ago. I found her after doing some web surfing one morning and was thrilled when she said she would be willing to send me the prints I had my eye on, which both show the village and the church that we were married and where four years' later our son was Christened.

I moved everything off the mantle as I didn't want to block any view of the picture, and will figure out what I want to put back later. I also have a couple of Easter decorations out in front of the fireplace. The daffies have just about had it but the other flowers in the birdhouse planter are hanging in there.

Debbie has a website which you can check out here. I have told her that I would like to buy more of her fabulous art as time goes on. I will be taking the other print to the framers this week. I only took one as I wanted to wait and see what kind of job they did and I was very please with the end result.

13 comments:

JJ said...

I bet that brought a lump to your throat Denise.

Marldon is such a pretty place and largely remains unspoiled.
I have seen a wonderful painting of the church on a Christmas card from our GP. Must see if I can find it.
JJ
X

diane b said...

It is a super print and frame. What a gorgeous little village you are from. I bet it makes you a little nostalgic.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wow it's really beautiful Denise, I'm happy for you!
hugs
Léia

Janet said...

What a talented artist! lovely that the print has such a special meaning for you - the village is certainly a very pretty one.

Valerie said...

It's a lovely picture. Pretty countryside too. You'll have a lot of pleasure looking at it every day ... and remembering.

jabblog said...

That is a delightful picture - the sort you can gaze at endlessly. Very special for you and Gregg, too:-)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Always nice to get a nice new print. It looks great.

Mama-Bug said...

how wonderful to have that lovely print over your mantle. I bet looking at it really brings back sweet memories for you.

Jane and Chris said...

How lovely! I'll bet you spend time just looking quietly, and remembering.
Jane x

Rosalee Bloss said...

Denise, I went to the print's home site. It is so interesting! There is a lot of research and work behind each print to verify its authenticity. You are very fortunate to have that piece of history.

Thank you for sharing.

MarieElizabeth said...

How wonderful for you! A beautiful painting and such great memories, all in one.

i beati said...

How very meaningful and beautiful and that Easter Hearth. I bet you spend lots of time sitting nearby

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Hello Denise! Thank you for the visit...yes indeed what an amazing coincidence! Perhaps it is true we are all interconnected in ways we have no idea of! I love the photos of the church and the snow covered landscape! Thank you for letting me know if your posts. I can tell Marldon is a special place for you.

My husband and I were in England for 3 weeks two summers ago, but we did not visit that part. I'd love to go back someday.

I'm curious if you have ever read any of Elizabeth Goudge's novels?

I am adding you to my blogroll so I can come and visit regularly.

Sara