Thursday, March 24, 2011

Baby Shower

While we were in Virginia Beach last weekend, I attended my niece's baby shower. I am thrilled that Gregg and I will soon be Great-Aunty Denise and Great-Uncle Gregg, although that will be quite a mouthful for a little one to work around so whatever she wants to call us is okay by us. We will be welcoming a new family member in May and we couldn't be more delighted. I can't wait to peak over that crib and see a sweet little baby looking up at me.

Here are a few photos I took. I was surprised I didn't take more photographs but there was so much going on I got really distracted.

The cupcakes were really cute! They were in the kitchen waiting to be taken to the table in the dining room, where a wonderful buffet was waiting for us.

I fell in love with this lovely little pink piggy bank with the tutu. Beautiful flowers and you can just see the pink, heart-shaped chocolates in the dish.

Here is a better view of the piggy bank.

Little boxes of popcorn.....

and I thought this was really neat, a three-tier diaper 'cake', wrapped with ribbon and dotted with cute baby things. One of the guests made this as her gift. It was fun to see my niece unwrap all the gifts she had been given.

Thank you Sweety! And thank you sister of Sweety who put all this together. It was a fantastic Baby Shower and now we can't wait to welcome my great-niece into the world.

18 comments:

  1. I think you mean GRANDaunty and GRANDuncle, not Great, which would be another generation.

    Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet you got to attend the baby shower! Hope you'll be able to post a photo of the little one in the future. I do believe great aunt is the proper title.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I don't think I'm superstitious and then I see baby showers, which we don't have in UK( as far as I know) and wish we could be more joyous!! How lovely to be involved in the anticipation of a baby . . . wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a great aunt four times over. I can now honestly say that I am a 'GREAT' aunt (instead of a mediocre one).
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to hear of a new born on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell right now, that the baby will be very loved! What a sweet nursery! Somebody went to a lot of trouble making that baby shower, very special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how lovely; and I love doves!



    Aloha to you
    from Waikiki!


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice event for Mom and the soon-to-be-seen baby. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like your grandniece will be well taken care of. Someone did a fine job of decorating for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky mommy and baby! What a terrific baby shower. I love the little details. That took a LOT of planning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures of the baby shower,what fun for you and the mum to-be.
    We do not have this event in Ireland,but there is a lot of superstition here. My own daughter in law,would not have anything for the baby in the house until the baby was born, everything was stored with me and her own mother,then delivered when baby came home.Then we all had a party.
    I believe you are a Great Aunt and uncle,too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looked very nice, Denise. As far as I know baby showers aren't held here. It must be really nice to go to one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a blessing when a new member arrives in the family, especially a new born. Here's hoping that May will soon be here and she will arrive.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wonderful news, congratulations! The decoration is so sweet!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun baby shower. I just love those 'diaper cakes' people are making now. I can't even imagine what it would look like if I gave it a try. I'm very UN-crafty. *sigh* Babies are just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pictures are all so nice. Love the decorations!

    ReplyDelete