Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gorillas

I have always had a great love of wildlife. At the top of my list is the gorilla. I found a great site on line with royalty free photographs which is where I got the photograph below. You can find it right here.

A friend sent me this YouTube video in an e-mail today. It is very heart-warming, one of those videos you are happy to share with your friends. The actual address is here.


I saw another great one. That address is here. This one is a very long video as it is an episode of "Explorer".


Click on the video to take you to the larger version on your computer, or use the link to go to the YouTube site. Mine are always 'cut-off'.

12 comments:

  1. Gorillas are really quite fascinating creatures, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh lovely creatures. I enjoyed those videos so much. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are interesting animals. I've always wondered what the 'link' is between the ape world and humans. It sure seems like it's close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we look forsimilar characteristics in the apes?I like to watch their family groupings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen monkeys and chimpanzees at the Honolulu Zoo, but gorillas only once -- at the zoo in Tokyo. Gorgeous creatures and so intelligent, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy watching gorillas too. They are fascinating creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed both videos, especially the first one. One day when our one daughter and I went to the zoo, we walked along the Gorilla area, it was of course fenced in and there was a large pond of water between the fence and where the Gorillas were sitting. But this one kept watching us, and as we walked he walked and kept watching, we stopped, he would stop, we turned around and walked back the other direction and he turned around, but he never took his eyes off of us. I had on a white blouse with big black polka dots, don't know if that attracted him, or if I looked like one of his mates. LOL So my daughter bought me a little gorilla figurine before we left that day. They are an interesting animal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Royalty is right!


    Aloha from Honolulu
    So SORRY I've been missing too long!

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorillas have such ancient wisdom in their eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise, I have always been fascinated with gorillas also... They are so close to being human in so many ways... Amazing....

    Thanks for sharing... Great pictures and videos..
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, Wonderful post on the Gorillas. They are amazing. The zoo in DC has a great gorilla exhibit.

    ReplyDelete