Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday Rambles


I thought I would share three photos from warmer days, all taken on our last vacation in San Diego. One of a wall mural I discovered when visiting the botanic garden, the sea turtle swims through a mosaic of blue glass. Its creator is unknown to me. The hummingbird I found at the San Diego Zoo and I bumped into John Wayne on the front porch of one of those quaint homes in Coronado.

Gregg spent the week in Long Beach, California on a business trip but as I am always busy the time goes by fast. He told me that the temperature had been nice and warm and he had watched some beautiful sunsets. I told him that I didn't listen to one country and western song, but did listen to a lot of opera. I saw son and daughter-in-law one day and chatted with various friends during the week, watched a little TV, read a good book, did the usual housework, ran a few errands and enjoyed my backyard wildlife. It was a good week and it didn't seem long before Gregg was walking through the door.

I really need to write things down more because now I can't remember what I did on which day, so I think this is going to be one of my shorter rambles.

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

I love these photos,Denise! the mosaic turtle is wonderful. And the hummingbird is a great sighting. I hope you have a wonderful week.

Linda Reeder said...

Time flies when we're having fun, and one day blends into the next. That's a good thing, isn't it?
Reminders of warmer days are always nice in the dead of winter.

gigihawaii said...

Your ramble sounds good to me. You accomplished a lot! Love your photos, as usual, Denise.

Sharon said...

I just love the turtle!

I keep a journal on my computer, and write in it when something happens that I want to remember the "when".

Marina said...

Never mind Denise!!! Your posts are always trendy, you're trendy!!! Come and get your trendy award!!!

ChrisJ said...

Next time you're in San Diego you should take a look at what they've done with the water front, where the Star of India (built in the Isle of Man) is docked. There are some beautiful art sculptures there. It was always nice along the front and you can get some good fish 'n' chips, but it has really been spruced up in recent years. As an added incentive , it is 82 degrees here today! I'm an ex-pat, and I do miss the English countryside, but not the weather.

Out on the prairie said...

I would like a job where i could be in CA.Sounds like you found your separate peace.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Hi Denise, Great pictures. I love hummingbirds.. Can't wait 'til Spring so that we will get some here.

I'm surprised that you didn't go with Gregg back to CA... In this winter weather, CA would be a nice change.
Hugs,
Betsy

Indrani said...

You have taken good pictures, thanks for sharing these. :)

diane b said...

You sure are keeping busy which is a good thing to do while waiting for hubby to return. I find the days just rocket past and its hard to remember what you did when. I would be hopeless if a policeman asked me what I was doing at 10;00 last Saturday. he'd get a blank stare more likely.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

Love the turtle and hummingbird pictures!

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

By the way I keep a daily journal on my computer. I've been lazy and haven't posted much in it this year. I am usually good at writing something in the journal each day.

Janie said...

Love the turtle mosaic. It's lovely, as is the hummingbird photo. Is that John Wayne, out to welcome Greg home?