Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Watery Wednesday, Nature Notes, Camera Critters

I am combining three meme's this week because I'm running a bit tight on time. Here's Watery Wednesday, Nature Notes and Camera Critters all rolled into one.


These squirrels were very proud of the fact that Gregg and I voted a little while ago. Can't you just see it in their eyes? Okay, so they were more interested in getting those peanuts out of their shells.


And we were busy giving ourselves a pat on the back for going up to the polls. We saw our neighbor from right across the street. She was volunteering. We had a chat about Halloween. She asked us if we had any kids at our door because only two small groups turned up at hers and that was it. She sounded pretty shocked. Those neighborhood kids must be growing up. We told her that we spent the evening over at son and daughter-in-law's house. We were actually thinking of leaving a big bowl of candy on the doorstep for kids to help themselves, but that is about as far as it got, the thinking stage. I guess it would have all been wasted. Truth be told I didn't want any animals getting into the chocolate because I know it could poison them. This is the first time in many years that we have been away from the house on Halloween. We also saw a friend of ours up there. She was going in as we were coming out. No time to chat this time.


This little guy startled me a bit as he came right up to the window, sat on his haunches and stared at me. I think he was telling me that I really ought to sweep the leaves up off the deck, because it was getting hard for him to find those peanuts. I told him the exercise was good for him.


Well, he had no problem finding the water dish.


Here he is telling me once again that it was about time I swept up all the leaves as they were falling into his water dish. I told him they were to replace those little paper umbrellas one often finds in their drink, be happy!


He did find the last peanut and merrily skipped off into the sunset.


We now have no leaves out there as two very nice guys came by yesterday and today and sealed our deck for us. They even brought their own broom. I will be getting complaints tomorrow as I haven't put any feed or peanuts out while all this was going on, and I want to thank Joe and Jason for the great job they did. To my feathered and furry friends? Normal service will resume tomorrow.


Thank you 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this great meme.

Michelle is the host of Nature Notes. Thank you Michelle for this great meme.

Camera Critters is a wonderful meme created by Misty Dawn. Thank you Misty!

44 comments:

  1. I love the shots of your squirrels. I have to deal with leaves in the water dish too. I had a ton of trick or treaters this year. I didn't have any left over candy like I usually do so I bought myself a candy bar today because I felt deprived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on those close ups. Cute little fella(s).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand about the time crunch. Squirrels are so cute. I'd be looking for water too after munching on some nuts.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Squirrels are cute and fun, until they become a nuisance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are such beautiful creatures. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww great shots what a cutie! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just the best squirrel photos, ever! You really show off their personalities. We used to have the same variety of squirrel in our area and it was fun to watch them chasing each other across the yard and around trees. The closest thing we have to a squirrel here, but not as cute are mongoose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love squirrels, they are so sweet and smart!Your pictures are beautiful as always you do adorable posts here!Very well done my friend!
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love squirrels also, as long as they stay out of my attic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got some great shots...I have yet to get one of a squirrel. They are so cute to watch, but make me mad when they raid the bird feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  11. squirrels are agile little creatures aren't they!!

    Great photos,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful to read about your garden friends Denise. I do miss seeing the squirrels although there are some about here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love watching squirrels running in my front yard. But when our barn cats multiply so much squirrel population goes down. Thank you for sharing your photos makes me smile. Happy Wednesday!
    At the creek

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heather has been clearing the leaves this afternoon, not so many this year as one of the tree was cut down last year. Still seeing as we dont have a tree in our garden she is not a happy bunny. XXX Don

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great shots :) I love watching squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your post, Denise. When I lived in San Francisco, I saw a lot of squirrels in the Panhandle. None here in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are masterful with animals!


    Aloha from Honolulu

    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful series of photos! I just love the squirrel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The squirrels look right at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a pair of them... great capture.
    Mine rarely visits me now that her babies have grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Umbrella drinks! Hilarious! Those squirrels look smaller than ours here in Iowa. Maybe our have to get fat for the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the squirrel shots - especially the up close portrait of the guy. And his leaping one at the end is a great finale.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely post! I do like squirrels - they're such characters and your commentary fitted so well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. These little guys can be so entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The squirrels surely are cute. The peanuts were a good Halloween treat for them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the kind comment on my peace post. Love these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  27. They are just adorable and your photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your squirrels are so cute and a lot friendlier than ours! I never seem to get squirrel photos any more. Frustrating. I like the one of him looking in the window and am amazed you had the camera ready for such a close shot :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. adorable little squirrel. great photos - i really like the headshot of him - super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great post, Denise. The squirels are so cute, you got great shots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous shots Denise, I love how they curl their tails.

    Meerkats

    ReplyDelete
  32. Squirrels are such cuties ... pesky but cute. Lovely shots, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  33. love them! Especially the close up. Squirrels are so funny, even when they're eating all the birdseed and being pests.

    Thanks for stopping by and looking at my squirrel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. The squirrel probably thinks he's the boss and you're the employee. Great shots, and I love your commentary.
    -- Kay

    Kay, Alberta, Canada
    An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love that you give these guys some peanuts and are careful about not leaving out anything that can harm wildlife.....cute..cute...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great shots of the squirrels. They are so cute and not always easy to capture but you sure did a great job.

    Erika B

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great photos...we love watching them here in Oregon too...I'm an English girl too...trying to get used to American life!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great shots, especially the closeup one.

    We're too far off the road for trick or treaters to find us. At our old house in a development we had literally hundreds at the door every year. Leaving an untended bowl of candy would have benefited only the first kid to find it, I'm afraid. ;-)

    ReplyDelete