Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

To those who are celebrating,
Happy Thanksgiving To All My Family and Friends

"Give me the end of the year an' its fun
When most of the plannin' an' toilin' is done;
Bring all the wanderers home to the nest,
Let me sit down with the ones I love best,
Hear the old voices still ringin' with song,
See the old faces unblemished by wrong,
See the old table with all of its chairs
An' I'll put soul in my Thanksgivin' prayers."

~ Edgar A. Guest, Thanksgiving ~


And to everyone, have a great weekend.

12 comments:

  1. Hope you are having a good holiday, I'm headed out for a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is cold as you say, the wind chill might be bad.The sun is out and that makes it better.I have a hard time staying inside.It was suppose to only get up to 28 today, I will try the coveralls on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Denise,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poem. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving Denise! I have many things to thank God for and I do everyday of my life! Your card has arrived a few days ago! It was my first for this year's Christmas! I'll mail some cards next week! So wait for yours too....!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Day, and love those words too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
    Jane in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful poem, hope you had a nice thanksgiving. Thank you for the birthday wish. We have no snow but it is very chilly here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you all had a truly wonderful Thanksgiving, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been living in the US for many years now, too, and am quite acclimatized to the odd collection of casseroles and dishes that appear on a typical US Thanksgiving Day lunch table. But the first few years were quite a shock: OMG, Jello salad? You put green beans.....in a casserole? Why does my gravy look like wallpaper paste? Don't ask me about the turkey dressing, I didn't know they came clothed. And what the hell is a yam, anyway?

    ReplyDelete