Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Watery Wednesday

This past weekend my family and I were in Virginia Beach. Wikipedia has a whole lot of information and I have provided a link if you click right here and want to know more. We were on the fifth floor of our hotel when I took these photos.

In the top photo as we were looking at the view from our balcony, Gregg caught sight of a familiar pair out for a walk, two of our most favorite people. It was our son and daughter-in-law, Lisa and Brad, and a photo op I could not miss. Of course I took countless shots but we mother's are like that aren't we?

I took other photos of people enjoying themselves. I have spent many happy hours on this beach over the years. Gregg grew up in the area. I also spent two years living here in hubby's navy days.


I will be sharing more photos of our time in Virginia Beach in later posts.

Thank you 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this great meme.

You can get there by clicking here.

24 comments:

Viola said...

Such a wonderful beach!! And the waves, I just love it! :)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great. I could use a walk on the beach right now. Especially if its not too chilly.

Ebie said...

The last photo is so amazing. The pastels made the scenery so romantic!

How are you Denise? Its been a while since I visited your blog.

Kim, USA said...

What a great shot! Happy Wednesday!
The Lake

Janie said...

The photo of your son and daugher in law is wonderful. Walking the beach can be very romantic.

Vernz said...

the couples photo is just perfect.. love it..

My Watery Wednesday Here

Janis said...

You had great beach weather last weekend. Love the beach scenes.

lina@happy family said...

Virginia beach is very lovely...

The Write Girl said...

Beautiful photos...what a lovely and relaxing vacation this must have been.

Cloudia said...

Aloha from Hawaii

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>

Indrani said...

Great series of shots, I haven't been to a beach for a very long time. These make me wish I was there right now. :)

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely shots Denise - reminds me of being Australia with my family! A x

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Nothing compares to a day spent on the beach!! Fun, beauty, relaxation, beach combing...all a good time!!

Gulf Coast bird watching photo share Do stop by for a visit if time allows.

Cezar and Léia said...

Wonderful pictures dear Denise, the Virginia Beach looks a peaceful place!
Léia

Tricia said...

What a beautiful beach! Great photos, Denise!

gigihawaii said...

I bet the water is too cold to swim in, right? Come to Hawaii. You can swim here year-round.

jabblog said...

It looks a lovely empty beach, the sort you can walk along for miles.

Judy said...

I love the clouds in the last shot!

Leovi said...

nice photos. greetings

Anonymous said...

love the first one...marvelous
....GREAT
NICE DAY

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT

I WAS IN AFRICA FOR MANY WEEKS AND ONLY NOW I ARRIVED IN SWEDEN
http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/10/the-africa-of-my-dreams-lets-go-kenya/

Leora said...

Looks like a wonderful time. I was admiring your photo of your son and daughter-in-law, and imagining what it might be like to watch one of my sons walking with a wife!

The ocean is always such a tremendous subject.

Denise said...

Thank you all very much for these great comments.

Margaret Cloud said...

I love spending time at the beach. A walk on the beach cheers you up and brightens the day. Thanks for sharing.

Ann said...

Looks like you own the beach.