Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Watery Wednesday

We found a delightful little spot in Seattle located in Pioneer Square called Waterfall Garden Park. When you walk through the gate you step into an urban oasis, as you are greeted with the sound of the waterfall which drowns out the noise of the city. It is a perfect place to sit and relax after site-seeing. A lot of people who work nearby bring their lunches here and I understand it can be pretty crowded around lunch-time. We were lucky enough to go mid-afternoon when there was only one other person sitting quietly in a corner. It is a small area but is very picturesque and considering the waterfall is man-made, I thought the original designers did an excellent job of turning this into a secret garden-like atmosphere.

You know those brown trucks that bring your parcels to the door? We are at the birthplace of The United Parcel Service (UPS).

For those of you who are new to my blog and would like to see more photos we took in Seattle, just click on the "Seattle Vacation - July 2010" tag at the bottom of this post. You can enlarge all my photos for a more detailed look.

Thank you 2sweetnsaxy for hosting this great meme.

You can get there by clicking here.

29 comments:

Viola said...

Waterfall - I love them! So fresh, so healthy! :)

Linda Reeder said...

I discovered that little park years ago when I was downtown for two weeks on jury duty. It is a treasure. I believe it was recently renewed.

KaHolly said...

Looks so lovely. I hike into as many waterfalls as I can here in the Cape Breton Highlands. They are so incredible. ~karen

A Brit in Tennessee said...

What incredible beauty !
There is nothing more serene and peaceful as a cascading waterfall, nature in all of her glory.

J Bar said...

Good shots.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Beautiful waterfall - so cooling to look at. Perfect for WW, Denise. A x

Photo Cache said...

a waterfall park in the middle of urban jungle - what a fantastic idea.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

Joops said...

That's a beauty!

eden said...

Love it. It is a beautiful waterfall.Great photos.

Manang Kim said...

I love waterfall they are beautiful!!
Waterdrops

Lesley said...

This sounds like a pleasant surprise to find in the city!

Cher said...

i love waterfalls! there is something magical about it...

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Beautiful waterfall,i will surely love this kind of place.

chubskulit said...

Beautiful shots Denise.


Seals

Tricia said...

Oh very pretty waterfall & I still love your header photo!

Kay said...

You really found so many gorgeous spots in Seattle to photograph, Denise.

Laura said...

what a lovely place you've discovered denise!

Cloudia said...

Educational and enjoyable!



Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Oh how neat, Denise... You know I would love this one!!! That's great that the people built this park and waterfall to escape from the noise of the city for a little while. I could sit at a place like that FOREVER.....

Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jean said...

Gorgeous photo of the waterfall! This is my type of place to visit. Thanks for sharing.

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

Pretty!!!! Oh so pretty!!!

TREE Drifting Ashore at Sunrise

Hope your Wednesday has treated you well and you can find time to visit with me...

Cezar and Léia said...

Imagine how lucky people are to work near this lovely Waterfall Park and have lunch time there everyday!That first shot is wonderful I almost can hear the sweet sound of the water!
Hugs
Léia

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I think urban waterfalls and other water features are wonderful. Yours is a gem.

jabblog said...

Waterfalls are delightfully refreshing and mesemeric at the same time. Beautiful!

Margaret Cloud said...

Very beautiful water falls, one of my favorite things to see. I can see why it is crowded at lunch time.

srp said...

I love waterfalls, the gentle relaxing kind here. Of course the huge falls like Niagra Falls are wonderful too, but evoke the sense of power. Right now, I am in the mood for gentle... thanks.

Helena said...

Great photos! I love waterfalls, and to have one in the middle of the city must be very peaceful for people who live and work there.

Carolyn Ford said...

What a pretty waterfall! Cascading water is about as soothing as it gets!

Shoppamomma said...

Looks so refreshing!