Sunday, September 19, 2010

TODAY'S FLOWERS

A predated post as I am away from home.


My entry today is part of a series of photos taken when we visited Washington DC last weekend. You can see my other photos here and here if you missed them. After meeting with the family we visited Arlington National Cemetery where Gregg's Dad put red roses on my mother-in-law's grave. The rose petal fell and lay on the ground looking very beautiful in its simplicity. I thought I would dedicate this photo to Bea who made me feel so welcome all those years ago, when I first got married and was missing my own mom and dad. She helped the homesick little girl that I was and I will always be grateful for the kindness she showed me.

These silk flowers were on another gravestone. I would like to dedicate this photo to all Veterans today, with love and grateful thanks.



TODAY’S FLOWER’S was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr.

19 comments:

  1. A lovely tribute to Bea and the veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable flowers and you did a great work with your camera!
    Hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great on the photo Denise, but I think I would prefer the real thing rather than silk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your image of the rose petal. Simply beautiful.

    Having wonderful in-laws is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Diane --and it's nice that you dedicate this to ALL of the Veteran's... Beautiful flowers --and I especially love seeing that single petal...

    Thanks so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Denise. Those silk flowers look so pretty and so real.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very touching! Thanks for sharing.

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at those blue flowers! They stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the first one..the contrast and the perspective
    congrats
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/09/someonelikeyou/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute flower is that? I like it. Thanks for sharing this one but can you add more information about this. Just quite interested. keep posting!

    -yumi-

    ReplyDelete
  11. The picture of the rose petal in the bed of grass is absolutely beautiful.

    My Today's Flowers Post

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This blog post is a wonderful tribute to your mother-in-law and all veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way the rose petal looks on the ground. I hope you are having a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tribute and lovely flowers

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a beautiful thought about Bea. The Vets will appreciate your kind gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a brilliant thought Bea Nice flower I like the arrangement. Keep posting!

    toni

    ReplyDelete