Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Morning Ramble

Here we are at one of the nature reserves we found in the Seattle area. We have been home a couple of days now. Gregg is back at work and I have been waiting for that nice young man to come around to fix our air-conditioner. He just arrived with a smile, even though it's raining outside which will make his job just a little more difficult. I am blessing his cotton socks because it is very humid in this house and after experiencing the very unhumid weather of Seattle, I realize I have been spoiled over the last week. The climate out there was glorious and the temperatures so pleasant, sunny every day with no rain that I saw, and the kind of fresh mornings that I absolutely love. So, I have come down to earth with a bump and things are getting back to normal.

I will tell you about our vacation as I share the pictures during the next week, probably two, maybe three, because I took so many. I just couldn't help myself.

I will be seeing our son tomorrow and friends during the week. It will be great to see them because I feel like I have been gone for so much longer than eight days.
Added note: it is almost bed time now and the whole day has gone since I started my not so long Monday morning ramble. I had a lovely long chat with my brother-in-law, niece and her young man in Germany. They had sent me a beautiful necklace/pendant for my birthday and I absolutely love it. So pretty! My niece chose it and she and I know each other very well, as she couldn't have picked a more perfect gift, one that I would have chosen for myself if I had seen it. Thank you guys, I love you!

The new part has been installed and the a/c is up and running.

14 comments:

Lui, Heaven said...

Hi Denise! Welcome back! It sure sounds like one happy trip! Your pictures will delight all of us as if we are with you on the trip. Keep them coming!

jabblog said...

It's good to be home, apart from the humidity, so I hope your air-conditioning is up and running again. Enjoy your week :-)

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

What a nice picture of you and Gregg; looking forward to photographs and details of your Seattle vacation!

Cezar and Léia said...

Bonjour sweet Denise!
You both are so adorable, so blessed couple!I can feel love from your hearts and girl...what is that MAGNIFICENT header! wow you are so talented with your camera!Congratulations!
I would love to see more pictures from your vacation, pleaseeeeeee!
hugs
Léia

midwesttomidlands said...

Glad you had a great trip. Hope you air con gets fixed soon. At least you have air con:)(we don't need it here much.)

KaHolly said...

Looking forward to your vacation pictures. That's a mighty nice picture of the two of you!! ~kaen

Kay said...

I love nature preserves. Our city has tried to keep several areas of our valley "natural" and that is where I love to go hiking.

Cher' Shots said...

That is a fantastic picture of you and your husband. Seattle is nice, but way too busy and big city for me. I'm a country girl at heart! Enjoy your company!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Lovely to see you back, you've been missed !
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and look forward to seeing all the pictures.
Good luck with the A/C, it's a 100 degrees on the old thermometer here today...help ;)

Rajesh said...

Beautiful view across the sea.

gigi-hawaii said...

Denise, just disregard my previous email. I found I cannot comment using OPEN ID, but I can using NAME/URL or ANONYMOUS.

Love that beautiful photo of you and Gregg, with the green leafy background. Nice shot!

Glad you enjoyed your trip.

Callie said...

I enjoyed my stay in Seattle too, so I understand when you talk about the weather. Glad your ac is working again. Glad you had such a great time.

Kathy said...

Looking forward to seeing all your vacation photos. What a great picture of you and your guy!

Kathiesbirds said...

Welcome home! I never got to see that view of Seattle because it absolutely poured rain the day we tried to go into town. We were so miserable that we turned around and went back to Tacoma! I am glad that you had much nicer weather!