Monday, July 19, 2010

Seagull Chatter along with a Monday Ramble.










And so my Seattle Seagulls are waiting for me, some of them anyhow. You might recognize my cast of characters from the latter part of 2009 when I shared photos from our last vacation. They were willing participants in my little play here, I only had to promise to take loads and loads of stale bread. Yes, I am heading to the north-west and next Thursday will get on a plane to Seattle. I will be in town for a week.

Gregg is going there on a business trip. At first it was for only five days, from the Monday to Friday, but then he found out that he had to go back the following week. I told him it was a long way to come back home just for the weekend and that he really should stay out there. That's when he suggested I join him, and he bought me a ticket as one of my birthday gifts. Thank you Sweetheart! We will have the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday to look around, and then I will be entertaining myself for three days while he is working. I will have a rental car if I need it. I will also take a very comfortable pair of walking shoes. I loved the last two times I went to Seattle and had always hoped I would get back there one day, but I didn't think it would be this soon. That's the exciting news for this week. Gregg and I are doing a happy dance figuratively speaking.

22 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Pacific Northwest! This is a great time of year to be here. 80 and sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I envy you, can I stow away in your suitcase? haha!
    Love your seagull chat...too funny.
    Hope you have a marvelous time.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just coming in via Gigi's blog. Seattle is our second home, and we'll be there in August to see kids and grandkids.
    I love your little Seagull essay. I, too am very fond of the signature birds of Seattle: gulls and crows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous! I loved Seattle! Have you done that Seattle Underground tour. That was very interesting. I love your seagull captions! Totally hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You crack me up!! Have a wonderful time in Seattle. I've never had the pleasure, but someday, maybe! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip, karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D They are noisy and kind of cute.
    Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. enjoy your trip and not that you need reminding, but take lots of photos!!

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cartoon story. You should get a job for a newspaper. Enjoy your surprise return to Seattle take lots of pics besides sea gulls and most of all have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely little story and all very believable.
    Have a lovely trip - don't forget the battery charger for your camera;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post, and wonderful photos too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Denise! The seagulls looked really wonderful! And my dog Sweepy says that's exactly what they said. Oh, I wish I can bring my dogs with me on trips...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a special time and share with us lots of new things..sk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a funnny story about seagulls maybe I will post about it next

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how wonderful, Denise... I'm so glad you are getting to go... That would be a neat place to be this time of year --with the heat and humidity we are having...

    Be sure to take many more pictures.... Love your post today.. SO creative...
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denise! Glad you are taking a trip to the northwest. I have never been to Seattle, but David has. He's also been to Portland and Vancouver, BC.

    Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great post and novel way of telling us about your trip. Hope you have a lovely time Denise, both with Gregg and whilst you are on your own for a few days. Don't forget to pack those walking shoes though. A x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect timing... Thanks so much for that laugh... I needed that!
    You're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is some conversation. I adore them talking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you have a great time in Seattle. I just got back from the beach although I was on the east coast. I enjoyed your seagull dialogue. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you get to return to my fair city. You should begetting some cooler weather to enjoy, and Seattle is beautiful in July.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your seagull chatter. Have a great time in Seattle, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Visiting your blog is always a joy! Your posts are so entertaining!

    Sorry I was away for a bit. I was back in Ohio visiting family last week.

    ReplyDelete