Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A photo of Gregg and Denise taken this week.


I usually find really old photos of us to share but son Brad took this one last week. We got together when he called me up and asked if I would like to go out for a birthday lunch the day after my 60th. He had been working the day before, and so he and Lisa picked me up and took me over to The Olive Garden. Gregg had been in Bethesda having lunch with clients but called to say he was on the way home, and I asked him if he could join us for dessert. As luck would have it he turned up only a few minutes after we had ordered, and by that time was getting hungry again. He ordered soup and salad. We had a lovely time with our son and daughter-in-law. We said again what a great couple they make, as it was only a couple of weeks ago that they celebrated their first anniversary. A perfect match for each other and we couldn't be happier for them.

I am trying to be ever so good this week because the last one was filled with restaurants and eating out with family and friends celebrating. It's been tremendous fun getting together with everyone and I have been spoiled with lots of birthday cards, flowers and gifts just about every day. My family - and I include my dearest friends as my 'family' - make me feel very blessed, not just for what they have given me but for who they are. If they read this they would tell me to stop being so mushy but I guess that's who I am, one of the 'mushies' since day one. Enough said except that they really are the dearest people.

Here's my dessert from The Olive Garden, oh yum. Okay, so something in chocolate gives me the worst headache in the morning, but before I went to bed I took two aspirins and that usually takes care of it. One reason I rarely eat chocolate because not only do I love it so, I could make a meal of it. This slice certainly made a meal and do you see that side of veggie? Mint may be an herb but it was my honorary veggie for the day.


Okay, back to my celery sticks!

21 comments:

  1. What a happy photo of you and Gregg, Denise - definitely one for the album. Glad to hear that you had a lovely 60th birthday with lots of greetings and gifts. I have to say that dessert of yours looks delicious - so prettily presented too and worth a few extra celery sticks I'd say. A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice picture :)
    Happy Belated Birthday, it sounds like you had a lovely time.
    I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at the picture of your dessert!
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful! Looks like you had a great time! I have never celebrated a birthday for days as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Denise, you are so sweet. I love "mushies" and I wish we had more of them in the world! You both look so happy and that is what is the most important! Too bad that chocolate gives you a headache! Don't you just wish we could enjoy our food without all these bad consequences!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Denise,
    What a beautiful and so happy couple, You both are great in this pictures, lovely smiles! :)
    Glad to know the news and hmmmm that chocolate pie, terrific for sure!
    purrs and love
    Luna and mommy Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks delish ...... and the photo of you and Gregg is really lovely :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great picture of you and Gregg! I'm happy that you had such a lovely birthday. That dessert looks sinfully delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that photo of you two...and wish I had a bite of your dessert...it looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you had such a lovely Birthday Denise,you both look so happy in that photo.The cake looks wonderful,the one I would have chosen for sure.!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Denise, What a great picture of both you and Gregg. I can tell how happy you two are together...

    Happy Birthday (belated)... Looks like you had a wonderful --not just day, but WEEK of celebrations...I'm so happy for you...

    YES--we are blessed women!!!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Denise!
    Thank you for your always kind comments.
    The chocolate cake has to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats a naughty cake Denise lol, but scrummy .

    You both make a very happy couple together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Celebrating with chocolate! Hope you didn't suffer with a headache. That cake looks sooo good. Lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A nice photo indeed. And the chocolate...yummy. How nice to have your family together to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denise, Happy Belated Birthday. Did you say 60?? NO WAY!! You look so much younger!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I need that cake right now!!! Happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great picture. I love the smiles. I love that chocolate cake. It looks very low cal and low fat to me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Denise,
    Waht a fantastic picture of Greg and you !
    You excude happiness, and smiles as wide as an ocean...
    Wonderful that you enjoyed your 60th birthday, I'm right behind you !
    I'm drooling as I look at the dessert, oh how decadent!
    Don't sweat about the celery sticks, chips and egg, that's what I always diet on ;)
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  19. That chocolate cake looks really delicious . . . I don't think I could stop at just one slice ;-/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I meant to say that I like your photo, too - very happy the two of you look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a lovely photo....Michelle

    ReplyDelete