Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Nature Notes

The busy little bee of summer.

I will be pre-dating some posts as right now I should be half way through a flight on the way to Seattle. Gregg is on a business trip and as he is away for two weeks he asked if I would like to join him at the midway point. We will have a long weekend together, and then I will be entertaining myself for three days before we both fly home next Friday.

This photo is another that I took at the National Garden in Washington DC.


Michelle is the host of Nature Notes. Thank you Michelle for this great meme.

10 comments:

Janie said...

Great focus on the bee and flower. Hope you have a grand trip to Seattle!

Kay said...

Oh wow, Denise! That is a spectacular shot of the bee in midflight. You've captured the moment beautifully with the pretty lavender flowers. Love it!

Have a terrific time in Seattle. I'm envious!

Scott said...

Great bee shot. I try so hard to get those, but rarely get a good one. Just today I thought I might have a great one and off he went. Hope you're having a great vacation and a safe and happy return.

T and S said...

Beautiful image, very well composed...Thomas

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

The focus on the bee and flower are great!

diane said...

Great shot of the bee. Have fun in Seattle.(Sounds like the name of a song)

A piece of news said...

I have been trying to capture bees in a photo for days with no luck! This is great.

Carver said...

Wonderful shot of the bee feeding on the flower.

cat said...

Great shot!

Rambling Woods said...

I love bees and flowers..They go so well together..Hope you and hubby are having a wonderful time...Michelle