Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nature Notes


I am up early today. The clock showed 4.00 a.m. but considering my inner clock is still on east coast time, it is actually 8.00 a.m. Yesterday I left the hotel early and got to the San Diego Zoo at opening time, and walked around until 4.30 p.m. I'll share those photos later. I was surprised that the time went so fast and I still didn't get to see everything. Always have to leave something for the next visit. Hopefully it won't be another 20 years.


Today for Nature Notes I thought I would share some photos from the San Diego Botanical Garden. You can click here if you want to take a look at their site. It's a marvelous place to visit for nature lovers and I can highly recommend it.


These photos were taken at the pond from my previous post. The ducks had company. The first frog was larger than any I have seen before, and the second quite a bit smaller.


Michelle is the host of Nature Notes. Thank you Michelle for this great meme.

12 comments:

jabblog said...

Beautiful!

Indrani said...

Such lovely and lively captures.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nice pictures. I'm looking forward to your San Diego Zoo pics. We went out there early August and really enjoyed it.

Cezar and Léia said...

Adorable set of pictures dear Denise and thanks so much for the lovely hummingbird in your header, it's outstanding!
Léia

Rambling Woods said...

Lovely photos and I do love frogs so. The top one might be a bull frog and they can get very large....Michelle

EG Wow said...

Great photos of the frogs, Denise!

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wow, now that's a frog !!
Love the water lillies on the pond, they always make me smile for some reason...so tranquil.
Awesome pictures as always Denise ;)

Cloudia said...

happy little friends!


Warm Aloha from Waikiki

Comfort Spiral

A New Beginning said...

Lovely pics!!

Mary said...

Great shots! Isn't San Diego zoo just wonderful? Look forward to more photos.

Carver said...

Wonderful shots. I love frogs so this post was a treat for me.

Viola said...

Wonderful photos from the zoo! I just love these ones! :)