Saturday, May 29, 2010

TODAY'S FLOWERS #95

Gregg and I are going out for the day. We're driving up to the Shenandoah's, to Skyline Drive ending up at Big Meadows, one of our favorite places to get a little exercise. It's a hat and sunscreen kind of a day I think. I'm sorry I won't be able to visit your blog today as I don't expect to be home until pretty late but I will try to catch up in the next day or so.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone, and a great week ahead.

~~~~~~~

We are always looking for new participants. If you are not already doing so, won't you please consider joining in TODAY'S FLOWERS by sharing blooms from your part of the world? We would love to see them. You will find the link below my photos.

Anyone who would like to be a "Guest Friend" and have their flowers displayed on the home page, Luiz explains how you can do this at the TODAY'S FLOWERS site.

These were taken when I went to our local garden center. I identify them when I can. These were rather pretty leaves with no flowers, and were in a pot on sale with no identification.
Pincushion Flower - Scabiosa Columbaria
The following photos are of the Trollius - Golden Queen

The next two photos, Polemonium - Heavenly Habit

And the next two are Papaver - Champagne Bubbles - Icelandic Poppy

Knautia Macedonia - 'Mars Midget'

TODAY’S FLOWER’S was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr.

You can find beautiful and unusual flowers from all over the world by clicking here.


24 comments:

Margaret Cloud said...

I love all the flowers, so pretty. I love to go to Garden Centers and do a lot of wishful thinking. Reason for this I do not have luck growing flowers. I probably could not successfully grow those flowers that come on a carpet and all you do is water them, lol.

gigihawaii said...

Lovely flowers. The only flowers we have in our yard are the pink hibiscuses next to our mail box. Right now, there are blossoms everywhere on those 2 bushes.

Kay said...

You do take the most beautiful flower photos, Denise. I love every one of them. I've always loved flowers and just looking at your photos always give me such pleasure.

Cloudia said...

Oh what joy!

Aloha from Waikiki, Denise

Comfort Spiral

Digital Flower Pictures said...

Nice selcetion of flowers. I will take a couple of guesses. Your first plant is a type of Coral Bells. There are some many varieties this days it is hard to tell which one it is. The red flower is some sort of Poppy maybe Icelandic.

Have a nice weekend and upcoming week.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Denise: I just love the purple flower, it is a beauty.

Gill - That British Woman said...

great selection of flower photos there.

Thanks for the quotes. I will publish my forward to the recipe book tomorrow, I'm thinking.

Gill in Canada

Regina said...

How wonderful and amazing Denise.
Happy Sunday.
xo

Rosamaria said...

I loved them all, Denise.
Wish you a week with many joys, dear!

Carver said...

These are all wonderful shots from the garden. I also love the leaves that didn't have flowers. The poppy shot was one of my favorites.

Pat's Addition said...

My pincushion is also in bloom. Like the shots.

Ebie said...

I love the golden queen, I have seen them every now and then. When I visit gardens, I take a shot of the tags...

Enjoy your drive today...

Pat said...

You found some gorgeous flowers at your Garden Center! Hope you and your husband had a great time walking at Big Meadows today.

Carolyn Ford said...

Beautiful collection of flowers, Denise! My favorites always are the Iceland Poppies in every color! Have a wonderful Sunday in your part of the country!

Little Messy Missy said...

Beautiful. That reminds me I need a red poppy for around our pond!!

biz319 said...

I wish I could grow flowers, but I have a brown thumb!

Enjoy your time today! Always great to unplug from the computer!

fredamans said...

Great collection!

http://fredamans.blogspot.com/2010/05/todays-flowers_30.html

carolina mountains said...

lolvey flower photos...as always. Have fun on your drive..have been there years ago.

Granny Anne said...

The leaves look like the leaves of heuchera. (They come in various shades)

eden said...

Beautiful photos. I love all of them.

Have a great week!

Stephany said...

These are all beautiful, Denise. I love that poppy!

(Sorry I missed you the last couple of weeks. I will be back to ooh and ahh!)

JJ said...

Hope you had a great day out - anything like Dartmoor??
Great flowers as always - love the blue ones
JJ

Ana said...

Hi Denise, these flowers are lovely! I always spend more time in my local garden centre than I was planning to ;)

Ruby said...

great images! love all these especially that poppies!