Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hamish

I wanted to share photos of Hamish, my little Sweety Pie. Hamish is friend Kathy's Cairn Terrier. He is an adorable little chap who likes to sit at the window and keep an eye on things.

When I went over to Kathy's last week I met her with our other friend Anne taking Hamish for a walk. When I opened the car door he thought his walk was over and that he was going to be taking a ride because he hopped right in. He just sat there for a while, until he was gently urged out to continue his walk. Hamish can take a ride in my car any day, that's how much I love Hamish.

Hmmm.....what's down there? Any treats? Sorry Hamish, maybe next time.

I am pretty zonked right now. I was up early this morning, around five a.m., so that Gregg and I could pick up my car from son's apartment, all before he went to work. He had borrowed it for a couple of days but I needed it today as I was meeting up with my friends. We could have waited until son brought it back to us but it gave us a nice early start to the day, we saw the sun come up and we went out and ate breakfast before returning home. The light at that time of the day is incredible, and we often say we need to get out more around that time to take some photographs, it is most definitely the golden hour.

A bit later I got ready and drove over to one of the local movie theaters where I met my friends for our last opera session of the season. These are live performances from the New York Met, televised all over the world. This one was Armida with Renee Flemming and Lawrence Brownlee. I found myself drifting a little in the first act and my head jerked suddenly, which gave me a bit of a shock, enough of one to wake me up enough so that I didn't miss anything in the other two acts. We get there early at 11.30 a.m. so that we can get good seats at the back. The curtains go up at 1.00 p.m. and by that time the place is packed.

Afterwards it was on to The Olive Garden for dinner. Kathy's husband joined us today, he is Hamish's Daddy, outnumbered by the girls but I think he enjoyed our company as much as we enjoyed his. There's a marathon of conversation with lots of laughter. We know each other's humor and basically let our hair down until it's time to go. How did we meet? We're all English except Hamish's Daddy and met while working at the same place around eight years ago. I feel very blessed to still see them on a regular basis because we have truly become a very close knit family.

Off to World Market where we spent another hour looking at goodies from all over the world and then it was time to go home. I resisted those goodies but I did come out of the store with a wine pump, no not a bicycle pump, a wine pump. Not being a connoisseur of wine I have found out from my friends that you have to pump all the air out of your bottle of wine once it's opened to get the air out. It saves it from going off. Neat little contraption. How many out there have a wine pump? I am now the proud owner of one and I'm going to try it out tomorrow. But first I need to get a good night's sleep.

10 comments:

  1. I agree that Hamish is definitely a Sweetie Pie and looks like he is full of character and good humor. So glad you had such a good time with his parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have 2 Cairn Terriers, both rescues, they're great dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how I got over here to your blog, but decided to comment!Cairn Terriers are such cute little pooches.We have an Airedale and a Welsh Terrier. They are holy terrors, but we love them to pieces. They have such a wonderful sense of humor. The Airedale is a real practical joker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hamish really is so cute - lovely intelligent little face.
    Hope you catch up on your sleep - that dragging feeling of weariness is hard to live with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hamish looks a real character Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute dog! I can see why you say Hamish is a Sweetie Pie. It sounds like you had a good day with your friends. I like both Olive Garden and World Market.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how cute that dog is!! Our dog loves to take drives in the car too.

    I love World Market - I could spend two hours in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pup is a very lovely fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hamish sure is a cute dog. I am glad you had a fun day with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hamish is adorable! I wouldn't be able to resist him!

    ReplyDelete