Friday, May 28, 2010

Camera Critters

Bianca was new to the modeling game. She was young and a pampered little thing, not too long out of the nest. How could they ask her to work in this kind of heat. She was hot, tired and bored, at first refusing to pose for the camera. The thousands and thousands of peanuts she had been paid made no difference. No matter how many peanuts we bribed her with now, she was in no mood to flash those pearly whites. She was getting the reputation of being a bit of a Diva.

We tried again and again, "Here, have another peanut, a few sunflower seeds perhaps?" "No, no, too many carbs!" she exclaimed. "How about mineral water? A facial massage?" It took a lot of patience and there were signs that she was coming around and then, all of a sudden after waiting an hour or two, with the clock ticking along.....


Well, at first we had to listen to, "Oh my, does this fur coat make me look a little broad in the beam?" "Oh my, could you stop shining that light in my eyes?" "Oh my, please take that camera out of my face, so many PHOTOGRAPHS!" "Someone, PLEASE get me a misting spray!" Eyes rolling everywhere, from both sides. After what seemed like an eternity, she started acting like a professional and believe me we all breathed a sigh of relief. Look at that pose!


It had been a difficult photo shoot but now we were heading back into the house and oh my, it's so hot and after I have stuck my head in the freezer for a minute or two to cool down, this Diva will be asking, "Where's that glass of wine? It's got to be after six o'clock in some part of the world."

Camera Critters is a wonderful meme created by Misty Dawn. Thank you Misty!

You can find other critter photos by clicking here.

17 comments:

  1. Nicely captured my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ost and photos, Denise! Loved the captions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an example of your talent!



    Aloha from Hawaii, Friend

    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great header photo! We have lots of these critters around up in the oak trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny, Denise. I love that last photo. Those ears are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever post and funny. I love your header too. We have cooled down to 65F and need to put on sweaters.Maybe Dive was hot in her fur coat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bianca is a natural. With such name like that, she'll be a super model soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Denise, Loved the story that went with the photo shoot. Nicely done!
    We are having some welcome rain today - its Bank Holiday weekend!

    Had a look at your previous posts and of course - you're now on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great narrative to accompany the story. I, too, think your header is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a DIVA, Diva is!!!! Fun post and beautiful, fun shots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, LOVE that very 1st photo. That one is outstanding!! [no play on words intended]

    My Camera Critters are 'museum quality'....Click Here to join me if you'd like to view them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh..the sequence of the shots...is very nice,
    Congrats

    Nice weekend
    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/05/my-brother-in-law-at-flowers-from-today/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Denise, what a CUTE post!
    She is lovely!
    purrs
    Luna and mommy Léia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post. Made me smile. It was all worth it in the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! How cute! She is a Diva for sure.

    ReplyDelete