Friday, May 21, 2010

Camera Critters

Thanks to KaHolly I now know that this lovely little thing is a male Spangled Skimmer. I do love identifying what I take photos of and am always very grateful to our blogging friends who help out. Thank you KaHolly. She has a wonderful blog which you can find here.

I am really glad I got this photo as I don't usually have much success with dragonflies. I was just very lucky this one decided to stay for a while, at least long enough for me to get him in focus. There were lots of them flying around.


Camera Critters is a wonderful meme created by Misty Dawn. Thank you Misty!

You can find other critter photos by clicking here.

17 comments:

  1. this is so neat! you really captured some great detail.
    I love your banner shot of the water lilies too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great capture. Every time I try to take a dragon fly they flit off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! It was even more spectacular when I enlarged the photo. You can see those delightful white speckles on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Denise for your unconditional support despite having techno problem with my commenting job. There are still blogs out there where my comment won't get through.

    This wonderful critter has been exceptionally behaving towards you. Such a pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real beauty! I believe it is a male Spangled Skimmer. The females are yellow and brown, but still have those white patches on their wings. He's absolutely gorgeous, and you did a great job capturing him! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dragon flies, that is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done I love dragon flies such nice colours XXX Don

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! It's hard to find a dragonfly that'll be still enough for a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a great shot!
    They are hard to capture!

    I have a critter posted this time!

    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful capture! They can be a tricky subject to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a great shot Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool capture of the dragonfly, denise!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a nice one. Delicate wings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful capture! I can't wait to start taking dragonfly photos again.

    ReplyDelete