Thursday, April 15, 2010

Some nostalgia

A friend just sent me this lovely advertisement and I thought I would share it. It's for Hovis and represents 122 years of British history.

Hovis takes me back to my own childhood when my Mum used to serve it up as a special treat and was my introduction to whole grain bread. We thought we were eating like royalty when she slathered the butter and jam on top of a thick 'door-stop' slice of bread still warm from the bakery. A wonderful memory of a special time with my Mum.

The film is a bit chopped off but you can see all of the screen if you actually go to the YouTube site and click here.




This is the original Hovis advertisement that many of us know so well, and you can see the whole screen here.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these!! I was just saying to my parents the other day how I love the old Hovis ad with the boy on the bike. Brings a tear to my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Denise for these videos, I enjoyed both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only seen the first ad once before Denise so thank you for reminding me of it. It brought a tear to my eyes too but it did make me smile! Lovely. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh happy days..... Thanks for sharing Denise

    ReplyDelete