Sunday, April 4, 2010

A few words of wisdom.....

The beauty of the trees,
The softness of the air,
The fragrance of the grass,
Speaks to me.

The summit of the mountain,
The thunder of the sky,
The rhythm of the sea,
Speaks to me.

The faintness of the stars,
The freshness of the morning,
The dewdrops on the flower,
Speaks to me.

The strength of the fire,
The taste of the salmon,
The trail of the sun,
And the life that never goes away,
They speak to me.

And my heart soars.

~Chief Dan George~

If you would like to learn more of this wonderful actor and writer, you can click here.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem and photo, Denise. Love the reflections in that picture.

    Hope you all had a wonderful Easter.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely message for this celebration of the beauty of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and poem. I remember Chief Dan George from Centennial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so peaceful. Like an escape. I really enjoy this type of environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know Chief Dan George,will check out your link ,later,as I think this poem is lovely.I sums up how I feel about life.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. The poem is so full of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the poem and the information about ~Chief Dan George~! What a noble face he has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice picture and poem to go with. Both make me feel as I am standing on that same spot as you when you were there. I too love the feeling of being with nature.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great reflection. A very apt poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a wonderful poem. I love Chief Dan George in Little Big Man. I didn't know he was a writer too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poetic. I hope he worshiped the Creator of nature rather than created things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful words and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely, I had not read that poem before, Denise and I'm so thankful that all these wonderful things do speak to me. A x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Love the flowers on your header, I can't remember the name of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a very nice poem and the pond looks so tranquil with the trees reflecting on it.

    ReplyDelete