Saturday, May 22, 2010

TODAY'S FLOWERS #94

We are always looking for new participants. If you are not already doing so, won't you please consider joining in TODAY'S FLOWERS by sharing blooms from your the part of the world? We would love to see them. You will find the link below my photos.

Anyone who would like to be a "Guest Friend" and have their flowers displayed on the home page, Luiz explains how you can do this at the TODAY'S FLOWERS site.

I identify flowers when I can but for those I can't I always welcome a little help.

These two photos are wild iris'.
Not sure what kind of blossom this is.
I suppose most all of us know what this is, a water lily.
Same as the one before, not sure.
The next two photos are of wild honeysuckle. Their scent is fantastic.

Not sure what this is either. I want to say Queen Anne's Lace but I think the leaves are off. I will be pouring through my wildflower books to see if I can find its identity.
As you can see I am still very much a novice in my knowledge of flowers, but I have learned so much by being part of this meme and I learn a little more every day. I want to thank those of you who have participated and who have helped me since the very beginning in identifying various flowers. You have all made my time here very much a fun part of my week.


TODAY’S FLOWER’S was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr.

You can find beautiful and unusual flowers from all over the world by clicking here.


29 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, Denise! I learn a lot just from reading your blog. Not only flowers, but birds, too, as well as historical sites. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would call your water lily a lotus, Denise!

    Glad to be here :)Looks like the Hawaii folks come HERE for beauty

    Aloha from Hawaii


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all beautiful but I really love that Water Lilly. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe the third photo is a kind of rose. So many lovely flowers in springtime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your flower photos, Denise. I've taken so many photos of flowers in New Mexico but I've no idea what their names are. I love wildflowers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what beautiful flowers Denise, so lovely macro shots.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo pretty. I could live where the flower smell is all year pretty easily.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful flowers, Denise - I can't help you with their names. I hope to buy a wildflower book soon to be able to identify the most common around me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all so beautiful Denise. The wildflower in betten the first iris and the water lily looks like wild blackberries to me. As a matter of fact following some in the wild and trying the berries is what made me let ones that volunteered in my garden grow. I enjoy the flowers but even more I love the berries to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Denise!

    I have the iris from the first picture in my garden in white.

    These flowers seem to be apricot. Increase the photos here:

    http://rosacc60.blogspot.com/search/label/TODAY 'S% 20FLOWERS? updated-max = 2009-11-29T08 :00:00-02: 00 & max-results = 20

    I also have little or no knowledge of flowers.

    Great week for you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Denise, for Inviting me, your team, to be a guest on Today's Flowers friend site.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise: What a neat set of wild flowers, lovely to see in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful set of wild flowers ans as an image is 1000 words worth, the name is not so important for me.
    We learn very much from each other: I have some wild honeysuckle photos myself but I would never find its name without your example. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Denise, I thank you and the rest of the crew of TF for sponsoring this meme. It has brought me to different world of flowers, especially the wild.

    I recognize of them, without a name, I think it is wild roses.

    More power to TF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always thought that the white flowers (the one you're not sure of) are wild roses. They look like it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful blossoms, i especially love the shots of wild iris. looks like the white one are wild roses, very similar to ones i got but were just pink in color.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denise these flowers are gorgeous!The iris photos stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. the second on eis my favorite...I love lilac...
    nice week, Denise

    http://graceolsson.com/blog/2010/05/catch-the-rainbow/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those purple flowers, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty range of flowers! All are so delightful! But my favourite is that magically shaped water lily!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful flowers! Thanks to your identification, I now the honeysuckle..I have a bush in the back yard, but didn't know what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This collection of various flowers is absolutely fantastic. I simply love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love seeing all the flowers...

    Thanks for sharing, Denise :)
    Thanks for dropping by, tooi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely beautiful! The Lily is gorgeous.
    ☼ Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  25. The flowers are beautiful...as always, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  26. water lily is the same as lotus? it's so beautiful and fresh looking.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great photos and beautiful flowers, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Denise,

    The white flowers are likely rosa multiflora, very very common.

    ReplyDelete