Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Patiently waiting....

What do these cute little dogs and I have in common? We are both patiently waiting for a special someone to come out of the dry-cleaners, and just when I didn't think I could take one more photograph. I tend to get exhausted after a long walk around the city, even more so when it is hot and according to Gregg I was on the verge of turning all shades of red and purple in that heat - oooooh, can't wait until the height of humidity in the summer. From Gregg, "This isn't hot!" but then he would be quite at home in the tropics, and besides he grew up in Virginia. Today was only 70ish and no humidity to speak of. In fact it was ideal walking weather, with a cool breeze that caressed one's face. It was gorgeous, even I loved it. Anyhow, I had said that I might as well put my camera away as I was too tired to take any more photos. I was actually dozing off when I looked over and there you go, a shot of energy went coursing through my veins. That camera was in my hand faster than I could shout, "Doggies!"

Do you blame me?

The little boy dog looked over and said, "Who are you waiting for?" I replied, "My hubby. Who are you waiting for?" "My Mommy. Daddy's getting tired too. She's been in there a long time." "Mine too!" I said.

"Does she like to talk?" I asked. "Oh yes, a lot!" And oh boy, could I relate! Yes I am smiling Gregg.

He was very chatty this cute-as-a-button boy dog, but his little friend with the pretty bows in her hair paid no mind to either of us. She just wanted her mommy to come back to the car so that they could go home, just like me. I think she was turning all shades of red and purple under that white fur. She was so intent on telepathically sending thoughts to her mommy to get out of there, that I hoped some were bouncing off the chatty guy standing at the counter.

Gregg has made friends and enjoys chatting to the young people at our dry-cleaners, and apparently so does their mommy. They are really nice young people in there, some putting themselves through school, all very hard working and some who are from other countries. Gregg enjoys learning about various places in the world from people who once lived there. I sometimes have to ask him if he would mind not taking too long, like today for instance when I feel the need to get home and kiss the floor after I walk through the door. Yes I know I am being a little overly dramatic, but my feet are sore and they're talking back to me. So, the little pooches and I wait patiently for our chatty family members to return and take us away.

Added note: A few friends left comments expressing their concern for these little dogs being cooped up in the car. I just wanted to assure you that their 'daddy' was sitting behind the wheel and I noticed that the air-conditioner was running, so they were nice and cool and comfortable. I would have been concerned too but was happy to see that the 'kids' were well taken care of, just missing their mommy.

28 comments:

  1. I can certainly relate to this - though I'm not as cute as the doggies! My husband is chatty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gift Denise - how do you manage to find the sweetest looking animals - any I 'snap' are just plain ordinary lol
    Love the WW fountains - so majestic looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little doggies, Denise... Glad you had someone to chat with while you waited.... I'm not very patient either---especially when I'm tired (like you were)....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those pooches are so adorable! I would love to have one.

    David and I are definitely NOT chatty, fear not. We just do our business and leave. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! I loved your conversation with the pooches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it they say? Misery loves company? Looks like you found some great commiserators!
    I have declared my husband to be one of the world's greatest talkers - except to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't usually like dogs dressed up but that ribbon is, to use an American word, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the conversation with the pooches,so apt with the photographs.
    John is a chatty person as well,every one knows him,so when we go to the shops,he talks to everyone we meet even though he knows we are in a hurry to get somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The faces of pure pleasure and unconditional love. Isn't life great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very entertaining post. I wasn't aware that you knew canine language. You are clever and I guess it stops you being bored. Your little friends are very cute . Trust you to chat up the boy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wish I'd had those cute dogs next to me yesterday when Bill was in Home Depot "for ten minutes" (yeah, right ;>)! (note to self: always take a book. Always!!!)

    Very nice pictures here and in the posts below -- I scrolled down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they are so cute. They look like they may be Westies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'd rather talk with the animals as Dr. Doolittle did, than most people. Shows you have a special touch to be able to have a conversation with the darling Bichon Frises, I think that's the spelling. I would love for you to post about more animal adventures and the conversations you have.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet dogs, even though I don't really like 'dressed-up' dogs as a rule. Were they barking at all or was it just your dogs? (Might have to explain that one ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your pics are always nice, but this time, the accompanying story was especially endearing. That's cool that Gregg makes friends wherever he goes. You two are good for your community.

    ReplyDelete
  16. too, too cute! They look excited (and adorable). We had a bichon, Sebastian, for a long time. He was SUCH a sweet dog. Love these photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH, so cute!
    And so beautiful duck in your header.
    Thanks for visiting my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty little dogs and I'm glad they had someone in the car with them. I worry about dogs in cars alone in hot weather. Your temperatures are much higher than ours Denise, although it was fairly mild today. We have more rain on the way too. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Denise, such cute photos! I do sympathize with your feet, however!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh!! This is so hilarious!! You must of picked out the most humorous bunch!! These expressions are priceless! Ha ha-
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend Denise..thanks for stopping by!
    I did my skywatch over but left the same pic's (been horribly introspective lately)
    Ha..(hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, this is a good way to pass the time Denise! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable capture ;-)
    I hope it wasn't a warm day because sitting in the car like this can be hazardous to health ... especially for fur-kids!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are really cute. We can always find something else to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww!! Adorable dogs!

    Fortunately my hub isn't very chatty. I rarely ever have to wait for him..but he does have to wait for me! hahahahha

    Visiting from BPOTW. Please visit me too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those dogs are adorable! You took some great pictures. Maybe it was worth the wait in the heat :)

    Visiting from BPOTW

    ReplyDelete