Saturday, February 13, 2010

I'm back....

and ready to start posting again, but first of all I wanted to thank you for leaving all the get-well wishes in my last post. It was such a pick-me-up to read all of them and I thank you very, very much. Whatever bug I had I shook it off after pulling the covers up over my head for a few days, and trying not to think about all that snow to be shoveled as surprise, surprise, it didn't go anywhere! I don't think we're going to thaw out any time soon either. In fact according to the weather man we have yet more snow heading our way, 70 percent chance of precipitation on Monday. Okay, someone tell the Snow Fairy we've had enough already! I didn't go outside the whole week and I don't have cabin fever just yet. I will be looking forward to going out this weekend though as at least that seems free and clear.

The other pick-me-up was when Gregg arrived home after spending a week in Long Beach, California. It was great to see him when he walked in the door tonight and his flight had no problems with delays. I'll be sharing some of the photos he took, along with some post cards he brought back for me. He didn't take many photos because it was all work and no play, and no sight-seeing as apart from walking across the street from the hotel to a restaurant, he didn't go too far. His hotel was about 13 miles away from where we used to live back in the late 70's and he didn't even have time to go by our old house.

More good news, my friend's daughter had a baby boy on the 9th, weighing in at 8 lbs. 5 ozs. Mum and Little One are doing fine. Lots of snow on the ground but the hospital was only a mile-and-a-half away and they were able to get there without any problems.

Isn't this the cutest picture? No, that sweet little pooch is not mine, I wish. I think I have seen him making the rounds as he is very familiar, so perhaps you've come across the picture before. A friend sent it to me in a mail as part of a feel better soon card.

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad you are feeling better.
    The little pooch is really adorable.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Denise.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have been able to resurface. We have heard about the bad storms you have been having. I,m glad Greg got back safely too. Hope you and the weather keep improving..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you've chased away the lurgy. Enjoy your weekend - it's never nice when one's husband has to go away but it's so lovely when he comes home again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news dear Denise!
    This little friend is really cute, thanks for sharing his picture!
    Have a great weekend.We are going to travel for some days.See you soon!
    God bless you
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better. Love the photo~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now we know, you were homesick for hubby. Maybe next time you can go with him on his trip. He's also home in time for Valentines Day, so have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Denise... Glad you made it through the week.. Being sick without hubby at home --especially during all of that snow-- has got to be the PITS.

    Miss you!!!!! Hope you can get out for awhile this weekend.

    Watched and loved the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics last night.

    Happy Valentines Day!
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet picture Denise and good to know you are up and about again. Glad Greg is back with you too. Great news too about the arrival of your friend's daughter's baby boy. A x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back, Denise; I'm glad that you feel better.

    Speaking of snow, I read in today's newspaper that there is snow on the ground in 49 states. Hawaii is the only state without snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling better and yez ... the photo is very cute. After being BUSY all weekend I'm playing catch up this morning. Sorry you're in for more snow. This has been a strange winter all over.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete