Saturday, January 9, 2010


The other morning I realized I hadn't taken any shots for Today's Flowers, and couldn't think of any I hadn't shared in my archives. As I often do I was browsing through our vacation photos and as I have been sharing several of the ones from the aquarium in Monterey, I did a double take when I looked at these. My first thought was they're beautiful, just like flowers. Guess what my next thought was?

So here they are, this week's Today's Flowers entry, my "Flowers of the Sea".

Or to be more precise, Anenomes.

I hope you enjoy these as much as I have.....

and let me ride with this stretch of my imagination.

It can get pretty broad at times.

They look a lot like flowers don't you think? To me they are 'flowers' that are living, breathing things in the ocean. The flowers that we know are living, breathing things on the land.

And this human, the living and breathing thing that I am who is so enamored with both worlds, hopes you will forgive my flight of fancy, for it truly is a beautiful garden of the sea.


TODAY’S FLOWER’S was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli Jr.

You can find beautiful and unusual flowers from all over the world by clicking here.