Monday, January 25, 2010

A thank you to two very special ladies.

I have met many wonderful people since I have started blogging. I didn't want to let any more time go by before recognizing two lovely sisters from Greece, Antigoni and Marina. I'm sure many of you already know who they are from their very entertaining and enjoyable blogs and if you click on their names the link will take you to them. They sent me these lovely gifts last Christmas, a beautiful Santa ornament from Antigoni and a book on Greek Mythology from Marina. Thank you both so very much for blessing me with such kindness.

Another act of kindness was one of the first times I had actually met Antigoni, when she sent me a very special gift at a very sad time in my life. I hope she knows how much that meant to me. I keep that gift with me always. She also sent me a Christmas ornament last year but because of that sadness I neglected to recognize her here in my blog, and so now I wanted to let her know how much I love that too. Unfortunately I can't show you it because it is packed away with my other treasures until next Christmas. The only reason I can show you this one is that I wanted to keep it on display for as long as I could, along with sister Marina's book which I am now happily reading. People such as Antigoni and Marina are the heart of Greece.

I don't think I have ever told them this but my first job after I left school was with a travel agency in a town not too far from the village I lived in at the time. I was definitely a "gopher". "Go for this, go for that." I was sent on many errands that I really didn't enjoy. If someone had any personal shopping to do they would send me off to get it for them but you have to start somewhere I suppose. Unfortunately that job didn't last very long as I was feeling a bit like a slave. You know how things are when you are very young, sometimes you just feel put upon, and when I ended up babysitting for my boss who used to go off with his wife and come home at three o'clock in the morning and because I had a hard time saying, "No I don't want to babysit your five unruly kids because I'm not much more than a kid myself!" I realized we weren't a good fit.

However, I used to pour through the brochures and always stopped at the pages where they showed the most gorgeous pictures of Greece, and longed to go there - I still do. Hopefully one of these days my dream will come true. In the meantime I will enjoy going to Antigoni and Marina's blogs and see it through their eyes.

18 comments:

  1. Aren't our blogging friends just SUPER, Denise??? I have met so many terrific people since I started on Blogger a year ago. Congrats for your two wonderful gifts.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is a great way to make friends and in places you would never dream of having friends. Nice gifts, lucky you. Must go and visit your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging does seem to bring unique friendships doesn't it. How lovely to receive such gifts Denise. A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really lovely. I shall check out their blogs :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute gifts, they are lovely friends!
    hugs
    Léia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute gifts. I know that you treasure the friendship as well as the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What special friends and what lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on those gifts. They are very nice from two kind blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's lovely. One of my favourite things about bloggging is how it makes friends out of people who would never ordinarily meet, it helps make the world a little smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I fully agree with you, for these two ladies are the loveliest bloggers I know in Greece. I also got a X-mas present from Antigoni!
    Thanks for mentioning them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It has been a pleasant surprise, the friends I've made in the blogging community. A bonus for what had started as just a creative outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise: Those are two women whom I have enjoyed when visiting their sites from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree blogging friends are the best, and I have made such a lot of special people including yourself.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to go to Greece, too. Maybe a Mediterrian cruise is in my future. Or a tour group. I don't think a want to do that part of the world on my own anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We find treasure in each other, D!



    Aloha, Friend


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very beautiful post. This is a very nice gesture by the blogging friends and blogging does connect people. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Betsy from Tennessee, they certainly are Betsy and thank you for being one of them.

    diane, it cetainly is.

    Strawberry Jam Anne, yes it does and it was.

    CambridgeLady, you will love visiting them and I know they will appreciate your visit.

    Cezar and Léia, they certainly are.

    Linda (PA_shutterbug), you hit the nail on the head Linda.

    Patty, very special friends indeed.

    gigiinhawaii, thank you.

    Richard @ The Bewildered Brit, I agree.

    Reader Wil, they are.

    Martha Z, me too.

    This Is My Blog - fishing guy, yes indeed.

    Gill - That British Woman, thank you Gill, and I feel the same way about you.

    Linda Reeder, one day Linda, one day. A tour group sounds a good way to go. They would know of all the neat places to visit, including their history.

    Cloudia, that we do my friend.
    Aloha!

    Rajesh, thank you and I agree about our connections to lovely people.

    kanishk, thank you.

    Thank you all for visiting.

    ReplyDelete