Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My World Tuesday Season # 2 Episode # 20

One of the stops on our way back from a favorite park this past Sunday was the Krispy Kreme Doughnut Shop. The car knows where it has to go and it doesn't need to be told twice. We're ambivalent about this place. On one hand we're glad we don't have it too close to our house yet sad that it is 27 miles away, therefore only allowing us to go there two or three times a year. It's like the icing on the cake, or maybe I should say doughnut and it marks a wonderful end to an always fun outing.

We get up early in the morning and head out for that park and never eat beforehand, so that by the time we're finished looking around we have a great appetite for these yummy doughnuts. We're pretty good on not going overboard and only eat two and always say, oh boy, we could eat another half a dozen of those things.

The other fun thing is you can see them cooking behind the glass. There are those little darlings floating down on a river of hot oil and in the middle that little machine flips them over to cook the other side. The aroma is fantastic!

What is your favorite doughnut shop and what is your favorite doughnut? I know many of you will say you don't eat these things but many of us do. Maybe they taste so good because we don't eat them all the time. I love the chocolate glazed, custard filled ones and Gregg likes the glazed and jelly filled ones. Can you tell I'm hungry? And that's why I am so glad that place is 27 miles away! Two foodie posts in a row, I must be on a diet - and there's the rub! Here's me trying to be a good girl again. Summer's coming after all That's what I tell myself anyhow when I look outside and see all that snow. Pass the darned carrot stick please!

Thank you Klaus, Sandy, Wren, Fishing Guy, Louise and Sylvia for hosting My World.

You can see other ‘My World’ photos or join in and share your own by clicking right here.

17 comments:

  1. While I have tasted one. I have never been to a Krispy Kreme. We don't have one near us. About the only time we have donuts is when we go to Rockaway Beach, and then we go to the bakery in Garibaldi. If Jill is with us we have to go every day we're there! She can eat four or five at one sitting! Not me.
    My favorites are apple fritters and chocolate glazed cream filled. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to say I can't have these, I am diabetic, but my husband loves them and purchases them at our store, which has a great bakery. Your pictures look so yummy, I just inhaled as I scrolled down the post. Hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise: Certainly something I always enjoyed and I think they are the best doughnut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a Krispy Creme in Erie, 65 miles away! We stop in, not every time we go to Erie, but enough to be happy that Krispy Creme is as far away from our home as it is! Have you ever stopped at Tim Horton's? The coffee / hot chocolate and, yes, donuts are very, very good there too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Krispy Kreme came to Orlando (my former home town) a few years back, and you'd think it was the second coming!

    My favorite donut is Bavarian creme!! Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much into doughnuts until Krispy Kreme came here. I like their donuts but just wish they don't have it too sweety. It's a good coffee combo though:)

    My world is here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Krispy Kremes. Unfortunately, their only store is located near Kahului airport on Maui.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a Krispy Creme on the lower level of Selfridge's Dept. Store in Birmingham (England). It's always busy and a line to get your donut fix. I don't often have one, but I'm glad to know it's there in case of a donut emergency!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those too much. We have one less than a mile from the house and I never go but I might pick up some to take to work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My Favorite Place -- Gregg can attest to this ... Sold Krispy Kreme donuts to pay for summer camp over 30 years ago - got $.25 per box. Sold many boxes door to door in Lake Shores...

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's one just down the road from where I live, lucky for me that I only crave for it every so often. Too sweet otherwise I love the softness of the dough. :-) And yeah, great coffee buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are no Kripsy Kremes around here. A couple of stores have them preboxed and everyone says that you HAVE to get them in person...therefore, I've never had a Krispy Kreme :(
    We have a lot of Dunkin' Donuts.
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. If we lived that close to a Krispy Kreme Doughnut store and it was only 27 miles away, we would probably go at least once a month. Around here 27 miles isn't all that far to get to some nice store. The sandwiches we love, are in a town about 27 miles from us. They're called Maid Rites, loose meat sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Krispy Kreme is heading for world domination this is the second blog I read today about them http://caitlinsbeachcruisers.blogspot.com is the other one XXX Don

    ReplyDelete