Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My World Tuesday Season # 2 Episode # 19

Our Snowy World
I asked Gregg to put a caption on this photo.
Gregg is kicking at the ice to see how hard it would be to remove. Like many others and after what seems like hours of shoveling snow, we're all now hoping that it will warm up soon to get rid of those mounds of snow and ice. I know other parts of the world have to deal with much more, but this has been an unusual winter for us. I've never seen this much snow in the 20 years we have lived here. It snowed again yesterday but thankfully it didn't stick.
We're going to CostCo's to stock up on a few supplies. I'm glad Gregg is driving because I think I would have been in a bit of a pickle if I had to try and maneuver out of our driveway. The roads out of the neighborhood are clear all except for a few side streets.

Hard to imagine that these branches will be full of leaves soon.

Our van next to a huge mound of snow.

We're home again and this is the mailbox in front of our house.

Our front yard. There are a couple of squirrel nests at the top of the tree with squirrel tracks everywhere. We also think we have a critter living under our front steps as there is a large hole in the snow next to them, with tracks leading to it. The other night I thought I saw a rabbit running over the snow but it could have been my imagination as it was so dark out there.

The icicles have been taking over.

I don't ever remember seeing them this long before. In fact, I can't remember the last time we had icicles.

A view out of the front window....

19 comments:

  1. Oh, Denise! That does look so cold and icy! I've rarely seen icicles that long! As I've written to several other east coast bloggers it did look like that in Seattle last year which is very unusual for here and it was the most snow in over 30 years! Today we have blue skies, sunshine and yesterday I saw the first flowering trees in bloom! What a lovely spot of color! Hope you have the same very soon! Have a great week!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the northern NY snow followed me south Denise...sorry most of it got tired when it got to your house but a quite a bit of it made it all the way down here!
    Yes bunnys run on top of snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pics, Denise! Just look at that winter wonderland. They say it's all due to El Nino.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brrrr. that looks cold !
    Very pretty, but cold.
    I'm ready for some blooms on the trees, before long too much of this white stuff, gives you cabin fever :)
    Great pictures Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And those icicles look pretty long!
    I am with you -since I learned to drive in Texas (a looong time ago), I never learned t drive in the snow like hubby does:)
    You must be looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ice is scary when you have to drive on it. When I worked at a ski area I was extra cautious in the area prone to black ice.
    The white is pretty to look at, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't worry; it won't be too long before we're pulling dandelions again. Yeah, think of it that way: right now, under all the ice and snow, your lawn is weed free! Hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my ... they were really long ones :) You have to be careful and not walk under :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a winter wonderland like we do. I like your icicles.
    It's been snowing here all day and I'm so tired of winter!
    Sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stay out from under those icicles while you wait for the thaw. At least you have sunny blue sly overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Denise, glad you got your problems fixed. I had no idea an old computer could cause that kind of problem. Of course, the newer ones are bigger and not nearly as SLOW...Hopefully, you will enjoy the laptop...

    Your snow pictures are still unbelievable. We have 8 inches here --but that's nothing like what you all had. Wow!!!

    The icicles are amazing also. Does that mean the snow is trying to melt?????

    It amazes me as to how you can get your car from the driveway onto the road.. I'm sure Gregg had a 'plan'... ha

    Love the Mocking Fairy post too.. I love going to different gardens.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos, you have a lot more snow than we have, and I am quite happy about that, sorry!! I don't want or need any more snow!!

    Love the look of your house as well.

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fortunately, I work from home, so I've barely had to go further than the mailbox for the last few days.

    But tomorrow... I have to go to the store.

    Man, driving there ain't going to be fun! Last time I tried to drive, the car was iced in so I had to walk to the store to get some road salt... just so I could drive back there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have a lot of snow. I love the way those long icicles look. My daughter is in Baltimore and has also been dealing with a ton of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your icicles are truly amazing. What a lot of snow you have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks so beautiful but cold and hard work.Surely it wont go on much longer. Those blue skies are promising.It amazes me how the trees can bud when it is so cold.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spring MUST come soon - just keep believing! The trees and plants know it too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. your world is truly different from my world but both have mother nature's gift that we can treasure. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete