Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My World Tuesday Season # 2 Episode # 17

Many of us are experiencing a lot of snow this winter and when I looked out of the front window in the early hours of Saturday morning this is what greeted me.

This is our back deck and I noticed the tracks from the rail to the door where I had thrown out quite a few peanuts in their shells for any birds and squirrels that might be around. The tracks looked bigger than a squirrel but I don't know about these things. Maybe the indentations in the snow makes it seem bigger than it actually is. I don't think I had any large game climbing down from the trees. The tracks appeared to stop for a munch fest on the peanuts first, then disappeared down the steps to the left of the photo.

My old teddy, simply called "Teddy", has been with me since my parents gave him to me when I was a year old, so that makes him almost 59. He has been on this blog before. He looked outside and liked what he saw, though I told him he was a little under-dressed to go play out in the snow. Teddy has always gone au naturel and has never liked clothing. I dressed him up as a girl for years and that's probably why. I keep telling him that little girls have a tendency to do that and I think he has forgiven me but.....

This is the new addition to the teddy bear family, Bertie the Beefeater. He came to live with us just before Christmas. It's the first time he's actually seen snow.

On Saturday it snowed all day but on Sunday morning it stopped and we were greeted with beautiful blue skies with not a cloud anywhere. Just lots of snow but thankfully not as much as we had a few weeks ago.

This is out back again. The trees cast lots of lovely shadows and the snow just sparkled. Pity you can't see that here. It was so beautiful!

This is my friend across the street. I'm not sure what he was so interested in. Usually he barks a hello when he sees me taking his photo. Maybe he is just showing me his best side.

My other neighbor has her snowman on the porch. I do covet that snowman I must say.

This is Gregg's van and I was struck with how the snow had melted into rivulets on the windows but had frozen again on the way down. Now that's cold!

27 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What great visits to your world, Denise! Thanks for sharing the lovely photos. It does look cold and snowy. What is strange is that we've had the warmest January on record in Seattle! What contrasts! Last year we had more snow than Seattle had seen in over 30 years! ???? Well, it does keep us alert, I guess! Have a lovely week!

Sylvia

diane said...

The snowy shots with the blue sky are lovely. It must be so pretty. I don't think I would like to have to got to work when it is snowing and cold. Bill tell's me you have to scrape ice off the windscreen and wipe snow off the car and defrost the locks. Old Mr Bear is happy to be inside in the warm. I hope he is not jealous of the new smart beefeater bear joining the family.

Rajesh said...

Beautiful winter snow shots. That is definitely lot of snow everywhere.

Riet said...

Great snow pictures but I love your flowery header best. There has been enough snow here and don't we all want spring.

Regina said...

Such a great winter scenes! Love the dogie.
Awesome captures.

Wolynski said...

Wow, lots of snows. Amazing you still have your teddy. Lovely photos.

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Denise,
Your pictures are wonderful but that last one with so perfect reflection is just outstanding!
Wow so many snow!
Here is also snowing a lot!
Stay warm
Léia :)

Roy said...

More snow Denise, you will just have to get out there with that shovel again. A beautiful new header photo could be an English garden.

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

Lovely photos and thoughts Denise. Can't help with what might have made those prints in the snow. Do let us know if you ever discover it. Think Teddy is gorgeous, hope he likes his new friend. I expect he thinks he is a bit overdressed! I'm sure he has forgiven you though as he probably would have moved out by now! Ax

antigoni said...

I love the snowy photos. And your teddy bears are lovely.
I can't tell you how i felt when i read your post about Marina and me.
Thank you for your kind words. I wish you could come in Greece. I would love to meet you in person.
You are a very good friend.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Denise: Neat photos of your big snowfall, we have very little snow right now. I think you have a deer in your neighborhood that wanted a snack.

Linda (PA_shutterbug) said...

We're in for 6 more weeks of winter, according to Punxsutawney Phil. Those 6 weeks should go by quickly, though; they usually do. Nice photographs of the snow at your house and your bears.

Indrani said...

Such lovely shots! I liked your childhood friend a lot.

Jack and Joann said...

Denise, you are a lady with a great eye for detail and can find many things to write about our most recent snow adventure.

I like your bears. Adorable. The beefeater is perfect for you but I hope he doesn't try to lord it over the old bear. He needs to remember that with age comes wisdom and seniority at the window.

Joann

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Looks like exactly the type of snow/ice we had here, Denise. The ICE was on top --so when we walked on the snow, we didn't sink into the snow AT ALL... Crazy!!!!!

Love your teddy bears --the older one and the new one... How CUTE...

We had similar tracks on our deck once after a snow... Looked like deer--but there's no way a deer would come this close to the house... SO--I never figured out what it was. We do have racoons and skunks occasionally on the deck... Oh Well--mystery NOT solved...

Hugs,
Betsy

mommanator said...

Can't say I miss the white stuff. I had enough when I was up north @ Christmas

Brit Gal Sarah said...

I'm starting to wonder if the next ice-age is upon us Denise! Very pretty, I took a similar shot of the tree shadows on the snow, aren't they just gorgeous. Love the new teddy in his smart Beefeater outfit, but you can't beat your old trusted companion. I have one who's 43 of my own :-)

gigihawaii said...

You have a 59 year old teddie??? I don't have anything that old. No favorite toys. I even sold my 2 beloved violins and piano!

Gill - That British Woman said...

Great photos, I must hunt Annabelle out she is my doll for my childhood......

Gill in Canada

imac said...

Great work my friend, love the teddy bears and the shadows, but that early morn shot is super.

Patty said...

I'm glad both Teddies stayed in doors, they would have gotten lost in that snow.

Marina said...

You've managed to touch my heart once more! I've just read your post about me and my sis...THANK YOU for your words and thoughts about us!!! I wish you were nearer!!! Never the less, we definitely waiting for you at our houses to taste Greek food and hospitality!!!

happilyretired said...

I enjoyed all your beautiful snowy photos ... your 'Teddy bears' ... and the doggie profile too. Wonderful post!
Hugs and blessings,

Cloudia said...

Aloha dear Teddy, Bertie, and the rest of the dear gang. Great photos.



Aloha, Friends!


Comfort Spiral

Richard @ The Bewildered Brit said...

What a wonderful post--and what a wonderful teddy bear you have!

Poor little doggy across the street! S/he looks confused by the snow! :D

jabblog said...

Beautiful though undoubtedly very cold. Did you find out what made the tracks?

Lanny said...

No offense to Bertie but I swooned over the picture of your "old bear" in the window with the snow outside! Ahhh all your lovely snow pictures make me all jealous for snow again. In a minute it will be light enough to go outside and do some garden work, hopefully my snow wishes will go unanswered and I can continue to work in the garden all winter. But your pictures do make it all look so lovely!