Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti Earthquake

The devastating earthquake in Haiti has been very much on all our minds. I've been looking at the Red Cross site to try and find out how I can help. If you click on this link here it will take you to their website and if you click here, to their blog.

I was watching our local news channel last night and they were interviewing people who had just returned from Haiti a day before, and they were trying to get in touch with their family to see if they were okay. I also heard about the man whose wife had called him from her cell phone trapped under the rubble. He drove hours to reach her and arrived as rescuers were getting her out. My prayers are being said for the people of Haiti.

3 comments:

Kay said...

It's so terribly heartbreaking. It was amazing to see the presidential palace in ruins. I was picturing our White House should we have a devastating earthquake.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

This bothers me so much when watching it on Fox News, Denise. George and I are going to send a check to the Salvation Army for those poor people in Haiti.

Hugs,
Betsy

Strawberry Jam Anne said...

It is terrible Denise and now, after their third night, there is still little actually being done because the aid workers are having such difficulties getting there. My heart goes out to them and I pray that they receive help soon.